He chucked revealing small fangs, peaking out, longer than his teeth.
"Well you're not a simple villager are you"

His voice was smooth, monotonous but I found it comforting.

"And you're not as menacing as you first seem" He laughed at my retort. An honest laugh. I smiled at him, raising my eyebrow. "I wasn't aware anyone else had this place on their hit list"

He crossed his arms, shifting his weight across to his right leg.

"What would happen to be the next place on that list?"

A snap of a branch tore me out of my remenising. I brought a hand to my face wiping away the tear that had managed to sneak its way down my face.

I turned my face to look at the place the noise had come from. Dream.

"Y/N.." I turned away from him, watching the sunset again, hoping he would just go away. But instead he decided to sit on the bench next to me. "Y/N, I'm sorry, I really am-"

"Save it." I didn't want to hear his apologies. I didn't care for them anymore.

"I just, I want to let you know" He paused and swallowed. "Techno hasn't been spotted since the hunting trip, we assume he left after he saw you. You don't have to worry about him anymore"

I looked at him. What?

"Why" I stared blankly at him, just blinking.

"I- He was doing what you were doing when you arrived. Looking for his next place to raid. I guess he didn't realise you were here." Dream explained. But I didn't quite believe him.

"What do I have to worry about? Why didn't he come tell me he was leaving himself."

I spoke calmly, but threateningly.
What if this was just another trick of his, to get me back in his side.

"I don't believe it. I don't- I don't believe you" I admitted to him.

He sighed. "I don't know, but what I do know is that you and I are more alike than you would think. You belong on my side, our side." He shuffled closer. "But I'm glad you're talking to me again."

I stayed still. Not quite sure what to do or say.

"It's getting late, the election results are tomorrow, you should come home and get some rest"

"Home?" I looked at him. "That building, your building will never be home to me."

He was taken back by my words, shocked.

"And you know it. " I hissed him before standing. He did the same, standing up, now towering over me. I bit my lip out of habit and stared at the green material of his hoodie.

I didn't look up to face him but I could feel his eyes on me.

I heard a faint click from the direction on my right followed by the sound of air rushing.

My instincts kicked in.

My hand snapped up, catching an arrow millimetres away from impaling my neck.

I breathed out, thanking the silence for being able to let hear the arrow coming.

I moved it into what little light was left and examined the symbols engraved across the wings.

The same symbol on his crossbow.

The crossbow he gave to Schlatt.

I raised an eyebrow before looking to my side, the direction the arrow had come from. In the shadows I saw movement.
Someone with horns protruding from their head, retreating into the darkness.

I turned back, Clay hadn't moved.
Maybe he knew it was going to happen.

Maybe he planned it

"An attempt to kill me? Well.." I paused looking up at him, twiddling the arrow in my fingers.
"The last thing I do, is not going to be  listening to you apologise to me."

I snapped the arrow in my fingers letting the peices fall to the ground.

~~~

Only a short one sorry <3

Most of this story won't have description to let you imagine it how you want ig
,, totally not me being to lazy to describe things properly ''

1234 words :)