not again

The room was dark but she could still make out the figures running toward her. She got up and ran for the door. Rushing to get outside she ran as fast as she could. Her breathing was hard and her legs were pounding but she couldnt stop or even look back. She ran until she hit a diner. She saw the motor home shaped diner as a haven. They cant catch her here. not in plain sight.

She got inside the diner and realized even though the flourescent lights were glowing no one was here. This was their trap. They wanted her here. She walked up to the first booth she saw and sat down. She had to catch her breath. The booth was red and white striped so the lime green paper stuck out like a soar thumb. grabbing the paper in her trembling hands she read the words.

"the clock is ticking you only have 20 seconds left!"

she shot up from the booth and ran for the door. It was locked shut. she turn around and saw a glowing box with numbers counting down from twenty. there was wires sticking out every which way. she knew it was a bomb. She pulled the first red wire. nothing happened. she decided to pull the first blue wire.

*BOOM*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Sweat gleamed off my body as i sat up in bed. I looked over at my cupcake shaped clock and noticed it was two a.m. Getting up to wash off my face and eat some ice cream to cool myself down from that terrifying dream. "I need to stop reading!" i thought to myself as i felt the cool wash rag hit my face.walking to the kitchen and opening the freezer i stood there for a moment just taking in the cold breeze. grabbing my tub and my weapon of choice, spoon i sat at the table and slowly finished the rest of the tub.

I went back to my room. which is decorated in lime green and hot pink. I took my phone off the charger and check for any calls. I had one from hailey, two from my daddy, but none from my strange caller.

"sigh" i thought to myself " i was kind of hoping he would call me, i dont want to think about my horrible dream anymore."

Just then her phone vibrated in her hand. She looked down and realized her wish came true.

"hello?" she said cheerfully as she answered the phone.

" hey, um i have your number in my phone and i dont know how i got it." he said slowly, kind of sounded like he was asking a question, maybe being hopeful.

" well if you tell me your name i might be able to tell you how you got it." I said, wishfully trying to keep up the conversation since i wasnt sleeping anytime soon.

"..ok.. im glen.. pell. " he stated making me wonder if that was even his real name. I never met anyone named glen before.

" ok, glen thats a cool name, im fristy. like christy with an f" i said matter of factly.

"wow"

"what?" i asked worried i said something off.

" fristy is a beautiful name..i mean its a cool name. never heard it before. so i, uh, have to go,. bye" glen hung up on me again.

"wow" i couldnt help thinking " he likes my name?" blushing at the thought. Then slapping my forehead for giving a stranger with my number my name. what am i thinking? wanting my dreams to come true?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

waiting for excitement at this office was like waiting for my two extra pounds to magicly dissapear. I was momentarly done with work and was bored out of my mind. I took out my purple compact mirror to reaply my make-up. I had put purple and white eye shadow over my sea blue eyes. no blush on my high cheek bones today but i did put on some cherry lip gloss on my plump short lips. My hair was curled like shirley temple and i wore a low cut v neck purple blouse and knee length black skirt. i was hoping to go out with hailey after work to get some excitement in my life. just three more long trudging hours til i could go.

After i reaplied make-up I took out my cell phone. No one had called. i sighed and put my phone away.

"Fristy could you please step in here a moment?" jerry disak insisted from his door way.

Slowly i got up and walked into his office.I was nervous i had done something wrong. His office was simple a dark wood desk ,a big plush chair, a computer ,and two small red chairs infront of his desk. he guestured for me to sit in one of them. They were so not comfertable.i was hoping this would be a short visit. He sat down in his plush chair and from the look of comfert in his face i could tell he was enjoying it.

" One of my dearest friends said you owed him a favor. My friend travis barksly said you wouldnt mind paying the favor as soon as possible. He wants you to go to his office now. I dont know what this is about however he seems urgent in you seeing him so i would insist you go. As long as the office is in order of course" he said with the hint of curiousity. i nodded quickly as he handed me a small piece of paper with an address and turned to type something on his computer. I took that as my cue and headed out.

As i left the building i was fumming. How dare that man say everything was fine on the street and then dare tell her boss she owed him! "travis better not be expecting anything fresh as his favor I am so not into old geezers!" i thought to myself. walking down the street with my hands by my side i must have looked angry because no one was in my way or even walked remotely close to me the whole time.

When i entered his building and made it to the third floor i finally calmed down enough to smile at the people i passed. No reason to ruin other peoples days as well. When i greeted his assistant and told him i was here to see travis his assistant laughed in my face. So i sat down and waited for him to hopefully make his appearance.

Finally someone walked out of his office but it wasnt travis. It was a tall guy, about six foot two inches, wich dark brown hair and hazek eyes. he had a square jaw and a killer smile. he was a grade A hotty and i wanted to drink him in my coffee. "wait" i thought " where did that thought come from?" i must have been staring still because he gave me tilt of the head and a smile. i quickly checked for drool.

" hey, " he said his voice sounded so familiar i knew i heard it somewhere else before but i couldnt pin it.

"hey" i said sweet as sugar again. i do that when i am talking to guys. slightly messing with my hair i tried to act like he wasnt a big deal.

" so my dad, i mean travis said i was suppose to meet with you today he told me to give you this." he said giving me a letter with my name written in cursive. i tore the letter open and read its contents.

" this is my son glen. He is 24 but still lives off of rich daddys money. Going to college studying cardiology. i am going to hawaii for the week and i need you to keep an eye on him for me. he likes to make trouble, thanks a million. you owed me for ruining my favorite shirt. oh and you can stay at his place so you can watch him better. bye, travis"

I reread that letter twenty times! "WHAT THE FREAK?" i thought as i look back from the letter to glen and back again. WAIT!. GLEN?????

"YOUR THE WEIRDO?!" i spat out. Then covered my mouth realizing what i said.

" i mean your the guy from the phone" i corrected silenty twittling my feet from embarrassment.