Chapter 12

2 months later in Cloud Recesses

Lan Wangji was quietly staring at the table right in front of him as he sat on the floor full of grief, regret and guilt. He became like his old self when Wei Ying died and hardly went out of the jingshi at the same time hardly spoke a word. He was visited by Xichen and Sizhui regularly since the junior handed him his food everyday and sometimes stayed with him for a couple of hours everyday to talk more about his past and time with Wei Ying. Sizhui told him he remembered his past as a Wen and that he's disappointed in himself for doing those horrible actions to him.

 Lan Qiren kept his distance from Wangji for he was utterly ashamed of his actions and how much he had hurt and lost the trust of his nephew. They also had to make sure he won't do anything stupid or dangerous ever since Lan Xichen knew what happened with the Wen brand on his chest a couple of years ago he ordered that no iron brands, weapons, sharp or dangerous tools must be kept near Hanguang Jun or inside the jingshi. 

"Wangji..." Lan Xichen knock at his door garnering his attention "You have a very important visitor here today, who wants to speak frankly to you"

Lan Wangji walked to his door, opened it and saw Lan Xichen standing beside Jiang Yanli who was carrying a lunch basket looking at him with eagerness and sadness in her eyes.

"Lan Er gongzi.." She greeted him with a simple bow

"Madam Jiang..." He greeted her back with a respectful bow

"May I come in??"

"Mn" He directed her in to his quarters

As she sat down on the floor pillow, Wangji sat across from her and offered her tea.

"Lan er gongzi, how are you??? It's been almost two months since we have last saw each other" She calmly started the conversation

"Mn" He replied while avoiding eye contact with her

"A Cheng is also here, and he's spending time with your brother Sect leader Lan. A ling is also here hanging out with his friends and A Xuan is in Koi Tower being surrounded by multiple elders reforming the Jin Sect with the help of Nie Er gongzi. She told him what happened during those two months when he was in seclusion. 

With the watchful threatening eye and command of Jiang Yanli and the help from those who knew Wei Wuxian's true personality including the juniors. Paintings or descriptions of him changed, instead of a monster they finally got a legit or actual idea on how he had looked like due to Jiang Yanli, the Lan Sect, Sect Leader Jiang, Nie Huaisang and Sect Leader Jin description of his physical appearance when artisans or painters asked them for information. Ever since Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling showed her the paintings and stories, books depicting Wei Wuxian which led her to be terrified and horrified about what happened during those 13 years on how they further damaged and ruined his reputation and honor. What even broke her heart more when she learned about the golden core transfer and why Wei Wuxian turned to demonic cultivation.

Some of the members of the original Lotus Pier, who knew of Wei Wuxian, his true personality and watched him grow up, were always shot down when trying to convince others that he wasn't evil. Hearing how wronged he was by the sects and seeing how everyone else gradually became convinced of it. The rumors got to be too much and they had silently suffered hearing the slander against the young master they all loved. Even those in Yiling who knew the Yiling Laozu thirteen years ago also felt the same way. Once they learned that he's alive and had to go through the same torture and pain the world had given him broke their hearts especially when they heard he was banished.

Because now, everyone could now see how wrong they were about the bright, cheerful boy they all knew and adored. Once it was announced the whole truth, they felt relieved that they were right all along, the boy they watched grew up had never changed. Once Jiang Yanli returned to Lotus Pier to visit, they flung their arms around her and they all started to weep for Wei Wuxian's horrible fate. Jiang Cheng and Jin Ling gave her and Jin Zixuan a tour around Lotus Pier, they first stopped by the ancestral hall where they all greeted Jiang Fengmian, Yu Zixuan and all of the ancestors in the hall. Later on they were introduced to the younger generation of Jiang Sect Disciples who started asking questions about their childhood along with stories about Wei Wuxian.