4: Gone

Warning - I guess?

Dreams are in Italics.

------------------------------------------------------------------

My days at Camp was a bit.... bad. Everyone was trying to ignore me. I could see the fear in their eyes when I walked around, which was not much. Not much because I was like a vampire or a bat - I slept at the day, woke at night.

Other people's dinner was my breakfast. I wouldn't have a appetite, so I wouldn't eat lunch. Then, I would eat breakfast with the others as it was my dinner, and go to sleep. It wasn't even hard to adjust to! Yeah, I guess when you are the daughter of Nyx, you don't have any problems with that.

I guess Nyx's children were not accepted or something. But I did have a good time scaring them. I was also learning to use my powers. I could shadow travel, short distances of course. I could talk to nocturnal animals. I talked to owls and bats, .

But I also had a problem: I couldn't trust too. I wouldn't trust you for like forever, but when I do start trusting you, I wouldn't leave you unless I have a good reason.

I'm super sleepy right now. I am on my way to go to bed. It was day, and guess what, I'mma sleep.

I went into my cabin which I had to myself. I had to enter through a black and purple portal. Only children of Nyx or their guests could come in. Inside the room is limitless. I could change the color of my bed, cabin wall, furniture. I could even change their appearance and no one from the outside would know. It would come quiet handy as I would never keep the place clean (if you don't count magic). No head counselor could come in because of the portal. Plus, I didn't have to inspect cabins as I slept all day and who would stay awake for me to check their cabin the whole night?

I would still attend head counselor meetings but if you told me before. I would get the notices and stuff at camp fire if I attended it or at breakfast [my dinner].

I was in bed but the sunlight came through the window. I made a growling noise and changed the structure of the cabin with no windows. I smiled, this was much more better.

In my dream I saw:

I was back in my house. My father was looking at a chart of different maps of the sky. He was studying the day sky? Yeah. Other stars other than the sun positions. Why was he studying that? Huh, who cares?

There was a loud bang.

'What?' my father muttered and went downstairs.

It was a empousa. What was those creatures doing here?

'Where is your daughter?' she asked.

'In a boarding school. And, yeah, if you wanted to ask about her, you could knock, not come in like a thief. Oh, I forgot, you made "Bang" noise. If you wanted to come in like a thief, please do it more quietly next time, I was studying the sky.' My father said.

Wow, dad. I thought, laughing.

'Why do you need her anyway?' my father asked, serious.

'She is-' the empousa started to say.

'Hold on, what's your name, did you say? Oh, no you didn't. So, what is it?' my father asked.

'E-' she again started to say.

But another empousa said to kill him. They need -me. Why?

My father ran upstairs.

Of course, I remembered. They are using the mist. But to hide everything? From everyone?

I looked at them. The empousai was chasing my father. He couldn't see their real form. He was not clear-sighted mortal. I sighed, if he knew. I didn't know what they saw him as, but might be some kind of kidnapper.

They were chasing him. He was trying to run from them, getting the signal.

They almost closed up on dad.

I was holding my breath. I was both confused and angry at the same time. I wanted to tell them to stop.

I couldn't it was a dream. I wish I could dream travel. Oh, I forgot they needed to sleep for me to speak to them.

My eyes were wide.

Oh my gods, stop! I wanted to scream. I did scream but it was inside my head, how will they hear?

They caught my father. He didn't have any weapons. Any kind.

The empousai tried to get answers for the last time. But when my father said I was in a boarding school, they got impatient.

They killed him.

I woke up sweating.

Why do I have to loose my parents? I didn't even meet my mother and my father was dead. There was a chance that he wasn't dead. It was just a dream....

----------------------------------------------------

Eid Mubarak!