Chapter 5

CLAUDIA

Of all the things, I imagine myself spending my Sunday morning with Papa this is certainly not it.

I sighed for the nth time while Papa was busy driving to the golf course where we decide to play today. So much for my optimism that my encounter with Alfonso Orsini would be forgotten memories and then this happened.

This is a pure nightmare, I concluded silently. That's the only thing I can describe my luck learning that that horrible womanizer was the same son of Papa's employer. I want to question fate right now. I want to demand answer because there's so many rich family in Italy why does Papa needs to work for the Orsini?

"Are you okay, Claudia?"

I slightly turned my head on Papa's direction. I tried to give him a reassuring smile I don't want him to feel guilty about this thing even though I don't like the idea of spending more time with that annoying Orsini heir. "I'm fine, Papa."

He gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry about this. I know I promised you that this will be our bonding time but—"

"But you can't say no to the invitation because he's your client." I supplied for him. "I understand, Papa. Don't worry."

"Thank you, figlia."

We were silent for a moment while Papa focus on driving while I went back to stare outside the car's window. I just hope that those father and son will not decide to stick with me and Papa at the golf course later.

"So," Papa started, his tone was casual but there's underlying inquisition like a very seasoned lawyer that he is. "You and Alfonso Orsini are friends, huh?"

I mentally winced upon hearing it. I knew that Papa would not let this slide easily. Of course, it's understandable that every father would be curious upon learning his daughter's association with the likes of that playboy heir.

"How long do you know him?"

"Not that long." Less than twenty-four hours exactly.

I bit my lower lip as l feel my heart racing with Papa's way of questioning. It felt like I was being interrogated inside the courtroom.

"How did you meet him?" Atty. Romano fired the question one after the other.

I barged in their VIP room at the club. "We met at a certain party not so long ago."

Papa took off his eyes from the road for a moment to look at me straight in the eye. There was unmistakable warning in his eyes. "You do know his reputation with women, correct?"

I rolled my eyes. "I think I have an idea where this is heading, Attorney. Let me clear this to you once and for all. It's not what you think, my association with him is nothing more than acquaintance I assure you."

Papa looked at me with disbelief in his eyes. "He's not your suitor?"

"What?! No way!" I replied almost violently. I can't believe that Papa would even dare to think that. The thought was so repulsive it made me the hair on my nape stand.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, Papa." I replied crossly. "I don't even like that man. Besides, you are aware that I have feelings for Dante, right?"

Papa made a small sound similar to snort which was why I am not sure if I heard him correct. I am aware that he doesn't like Dante for me. That's one of the reason I am not yet ready to become his girlfriend I want Papa's approval first. "I am just warning you about his reputation, Claudia. He's a ladies' man, after all."