—𝐈𝐍𝐃𝐈𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐀 𝐁𝐑𝐎𝐖𝐍—

"We not here." Von whispered low to me, making me giggle lowly, as he shut his door. We were ignoring the doorbell and the knocking. Shit crazy.

He was laying down now.

"Come lay down bae." He said,

"I would, But I don't have no clothes to change into. All the clothes I left here, I took them back home with me." I said.

________________

So now I'm laying in his bed in my bra and underwear. We are having a meaningful conversation.

The person at the door was still knocking and being loud.

"I love drawing too—" Von started, as his phone rung. He rolled his eyes.

"What Kayla ??!?"

"IM OUTSIDE YO HOUSE. COME TAKE GRANDBABI."

"Nah Kay... I do everything for you. Be a parent for once." He said, hanging up. She continued to curse loudly outside and knock, until she finally left.

"Damn... I'm sorry Von. We can talk later if you wanted to hang with granbabi." I said.

"Nah."

"Wait so you left because I had a son ?" He asked.

"Of course not. I'm not like that. I left because of what you said, and I began to feel uncomfortable, not to mention yo baby mama was giving me an attitude... I was aggravated and a lil stressed." I said. He nodded.

"So why you and yo baby mama broke up ?" I asked.

"She 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 on me, a lil before she got pregnant— which been makin me second guess. But you know, ion wanna come off as the deadbeat black father." He said.

"Oh...."

"Tell me about yourself.." I said.

"My father died. And a lot of my friends and cousins— ALOT of close people to me, was dropping like flies day after day on my block. Only thing we could do is retaliate. And as kids, we was supposed to be in school, but... it's way easier to be on the block and say 'Fuck it. I'm finna do this'. It's easier to do bad shit. And it's hard to do good— that's why I'm a failure now." He said.

"No, no— no Von... you're not a failure. You committed to a lifestyle that ... ideally interested you more than school. It is what it is. And you're grown now, you're an amazing rapper and you have money... and at the end of the day, all that really matters is the money.. that's what you get a job for." I said.

"I'm soooooo sorry you lost all those people Von. That's tragedy. And I hope you become stronger."

"Nahhh, it's okay. I'm already numb to it. It is what it is...." he said.

"Von.. that's not okay. Why don't you let me help you ? Why don't you let me—" I started,

"Fix me ?"

"You're not a broken toy Von. You're a person that means a lot to me, and I wanna heal you... ?" I said, unsure of what words to use.