━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐇𝐓𝐔𝐁 - 𝐏𝟐 ━

Start from the beginning

"Y/n!"

"Shit, what happened?" Dustin exclaimed, rushing to his sibling's side.

The rest soon followed and they all surrounded their friend.

"I-I don't know! They must have fainted." Said Lucas, in a confused tone.

Upon closer examination, the kids could see that their friend had lost a lot of color in their face. And very thin, very subtle veins were spread across their eyelids and the corner of their lips as if roots were sprouting from within them.

"What's wrong with them?" Mike asked worriedly.

Dustin sighed. "Shit. I... I think this must have something to do with their head. Troy got them pretty bad, remember? Must have lost a lot of blood and exerted energy too quickly. Here, help me elevate their feet."

"Wait, what?" Lucas asked taken aback.

Dustin and Mike help move Y/n's feet and they are now positioned on top of Dustin's knees as a makeshift pillow. The two are angered by the memory.

"Yeah, after we split up from you, we ran into Troy. He chased us all the way to the quarry. Him and his friend circled in on us and it escalated. He hit Y/n pretty hard with a big rock. Knocked Y/n out cold."

The boys filled their friend in on the terrifying events that only happened earlier and how El found them and saved the day and Lucas felt himself growing more angered with every word. And all the more guilty for splitting up.

||𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐑'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

I heard the scattered voices of my friends as I came to. I let out a soft groan.

"You guys better not be fighting." I mumble weakly.

"Y/n! Jesus, what happened? Are you okay?" Dustin asked.

My eyes fluttered open and I look around seeing that I am surrounded by very concerned but relieved looking friends.

"Ugh, I don't know. But I'm... alright now. I think I overdid myself back there."

Lucas and Mike each grabbed my hands and helped me sit up slowly.

I mumble a thanks as I tuck my legs under myself and begin rubbing the back of my head.

They told me I had only been out for a minute or two, and as I listen, my fingers graze the back of my head and I frown in confusion.

"Are you sure your okay?" Lucas asked.

I nod my head yes, a slight frown still on my face as I continue to rub my fingers across the back of my head.

I take another look at their worried stares, each of them watching me carefully and I sigh. Everything about the last few minutes was begging to jump off my tongue. And in that moment it nearly did. They needed to know─ they would. But I also know we'd be lucky to get even minutes before they found us. And like it or not, that conversation would take more time than we have.