━ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑 - 𝐏𝟐 ━

||𝟑𝐑𝐃 𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕||

Joyce and Hopper stood shivering in the cold autumn air. They were currently waiting on the front porch of what they hoped to be the home of Terry Ives. The woman they believed could answer all their burning questions on the many mysteries surrounding Hawkins.

They heard the faint sound of footsteps and when they looked up, they saw a woman peeking through the curtains of the glass on the door. She released the cloth curtains and she unlocked the door before opening it.

"Can I help you?" She asked, a weary look on her face.

"Hi, we're looking for Terry Ives. Does she live here?" Hopper asked.

A slight frown crossed her face as she crossed her arms, leaning against the door frame. "Who's asking?"

"Hawkins Chief of Police." Hopper stated, pulling out his badge and showing it to the woman.

"And you want to talk to my sister?" She asked wearily.

"Well, if your sister's Terry Ives, then, yeah we do."

The woman looked down at her feet contemplating this before speaking.

"Okay, well, you can come in but if you want Terry to tell you anything, you're about five years too late." She said turning and walking into the house, leaving the door open for her new guest to follow her.

As the duo trailed the woman further into the house and what appeared to be the living room, they took note of the TV playing softly from the other side of the room.

"Terry, you have some visitors."

As she spoke she stepped aside as Joyce and Hopper timidly stepped into the room to find a woman in a rocking chair. She remained stiff, her arms still on the arms of the chair and she slowly turned her head, her face never changing. Her eyes were distant and she appeared disconnected from the world.

Joyce spoke up, taking a few cautious steps forward.

"Hello. My name's Joyce Byers. Uh, this is Hopper," she gestured to the man behind her. "We drove over from Hawkins."

The woman never moved, never blinked, but her gaze remained on Joyce.

"Um, you see, uh, my son... He's been missing for over a week now," Joyce continued. "and, um, we were wondering if we could talk to you about your daughter, Jane?" Joyce asked carefully.

"If there's anything that you could tell us about when she was taken..."

The woman closed her eyes for a moment before opening them, clearly pained at the mention of her missing daughter. Yet she remained silent and Hopper spoke up.

"What was your relationship with Dr. Brenner? You guys keep in touch?"

Again, they were met with silence and an empty stare. Joyce took this as an opportunity to step forward and offer the picture of her missing son.