Chapter 7: Halloween [Part 3] Paige

Start from the beginning

"I didn't." I said as she observed me.

"Did you attend the party?" She asked, as if she was accusing me of a great crime. She quirked a brow and folded her slim arms across her chest.

"Yes," I honestly answered, frustration now bubbling up inside of me. "But I'm not-"

"You are in so much trouble!" She roared. "You're coming to my office now!"

"I'm not Bella!" I swiftly said, raising my voice slightly.

Her cheeks flushed red once again. Her eyes faintly narrowed. She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it afterwards. I had to subdue the smirk which was threatening to come out.

"Where is Bella, then?" Jones asked, giving me a condemning stare.

"I don't know." I said honestly. "I came here to see if she was here."

"Well, Ms Perkins. If you see your sister, make sure to tell her that she is in big trouble!" Jones seethed. I nodded as she stormed out of the classroom. I sighed in relief. Talking to her made me feel like I was in prison and being questioned by the police officers. She was one scary woman.

I then hurriedly ambled away and once again began to saunter around the corridors. A question then popped up into my head. Where was Bella? I strongly doubted that she was in our dorm room. Actually, I was pretty surprised that she even decided to bunk off detention. That was not like her.

I could remember in out old school, she hadn't had one detention. What frustrated me the most was that she never even told me how she got it. Did she beat up some poor person for giving her a rude comment or did she badmouth a teacher.

All of a sudden, an ear-splitting scream pierced my ears, sending jolts down my spine. I froze instinctively as the scream echoed in my mind. Another excruciating scream then followed, lasting longer and much more loudly. Impulsively, my feet sprang into action and I sprinted towards the scream. The piercing shattering screams seem to spot. The silent that now enveloped me made my skin crawl. My boots made annoying noises. The boisterous music from the party now ceased to reach my ears. I could hear my heart fanatically beat.

I came to halt as my eyes landed on a sight which I implored I never see. I covered my mouth with my hands as I let out a gasp. My heart seemed to impede beating for a split second. My eyes widened in great shock as anguish ripped through my body. Tears now threatened to spill, however I grudgingly was determined to hold them at bay. My throat painfully constricted. I was fully aware that my body was shaking. I let my hands fall limply by my side. I let out a deafening shriek.

I felt week. My body felt numb. The tears now freely streamed down my face. I limply fell to my knees.

Sick. That's how I felt. My body shivered hysterically as tears brimmed down my face, refusing to stop. I tried to blink them back; however it seemed to make it worse. My stomach churned uncomfortably and my hands trembled with great vigour. Time had seemed to freeze, leaving me wallowing in tears. My body appeared to have stopped functioning. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak, and I couldn't breathe. All I could do was stare hopelessly at the scene in front of me...

On the floor, there lay Sam. Her neck had twisted in a bizarre way, making me sick to my stomach. Her eyes were still wide open, dead and hollow. It almost seemed like she was staring at me, however the emptiness that occupied her eyes said otherwise.Her mouth still was open and I could still hear her painful screams ricochet in my mind. Blood oozed out of her head, leaving a puddle of crimson, red blood. Most her hair was dwelled on the floor, leaving only a few strands still left on her head. Her legs stuck out in different angles. My stomach once again twisted.