"It's not his ghost." Mike said

"How do you know that?" Lucas said.

"I just do!"

"Then what was in that water?" Lucas argued back.

"I don't know! All I know is Will is alive." Mike argued back wanting to be the right one. "He's out there somewhere. All we have to do is find him. This isn't gonna work we need to get El to a stronger radio."

"Mr. Clarks ham shack." Y/n suggested, shrugging.

"The Heathkit's at school. There's no way we're gonna get the weirdo in there without anyone noticing. I mean... look at her." Lucas said.

[Small time skip]

I was digging around Nancy's makeup to put some on El.

She didn't know how to react to the brush on her cheek.

But she went along with it nonetheless

After I finished Els makeup, I went downstairs to grab the wig and dress from the boys.

When El came out of the bathroom, i gave her a thumbs up and a smile, Mike just stared.

"Wow" Dustin and I said in sync.

"She looks-" I started but Mike cutting me off,

"pretty...good you look pretty good." El walked to the mirror.

I told Mike in a low voice only Lucas and Dustin could hear "pretty... smooth." I said and the rest snickered.

♤♤♤♤♤

We walked down the hall to the AV room.

"Ok remember if anyone sees us look sad." Mike said.

"Attention students there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

Mike tried to open the door. "It's locked."

"Let me try." I said rolling her eyes and grabbing a Bobby pin out of El's wig

"what are you doing?" Lucas asked.

"Picking the lock, or at least trying." I replied putting the Bobby pin into the lock.

"Guys" they heard Mr. Clark say. I stood up quickly in front of the lock to hide the pin.

"Hey." Lucas says.

"Assembly's about to start." Mr. Clark told them.

"We know we're just you know..." Mike started but Lucas finished "upset." He said with a smile but quickly changed into a frown.

"Yeah, definitely upset." Dustin said.

"We need some alone time." Mike started.

"To cry." Dustin said a little unsure.

"Yeah listen, I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh? And then, the Heathkit's all yours for the rest of today. What do you say?" I took the Bobby pin out of the lock behind my back and gave him a sad smile. Mr. Clark looked at El. "I don't believe we've met. What's your name?" We all looked at her.