Chapter 15

Diana was wrong. She didn't talk to me again at school. She hasn't talked to me in a week. Every time I saw her she would speed walk away before I could get a word out. I guess she's avoiding me now. I mean, I can't really blame her. I rarely talk anymore and everyone knows I hurt myself. Now I'm a freak. A weirdo. I completely understand why she would want to avoid me. Who would love someone like me, after all? Then, my phone vibrated. I must've connected to the school wifi.

Diana- meet me by the stairway behind the gym at 4. Important.

I stare at my phone in disbelief. After a week of no conversation between us, she messages me. And wants me to meet her of all things! I sigh and decide to tell her I'll go. Maybe she'll apologize.

Sophie- I'll be there.

I power my phone down and stare at the black screen. Everything has changed so much recently. So fast. I'm still surprised my dad hasn't kicked me out yet. Well, he's usually too drunk off his ass to remember to disown the abomination. Probably doesn't want to get rid of his punching bag quite yet either.

As I'm walking down the hall to meet Diana, I'm shoved to the floor. My elbow hits the tile and a splintering pain rushes through my body. I turn around to face my attacker and come face to face with the school jock, Chase.

"Sup, dyke," he laughs as he squats over me, pinning me down. My elbow is pushed onto the ground again roughly and I feel like I'm going to puke. "Awww," he pouts, "Little Lesbo got an owie." He kisses my elbow and starts kissing higher and higher. I kick at him and begin to cry as he starts kissing my face.

"Please stop," I beg as he kisses my lips.

"Beg for it, pussy licker." Finally, I knee him directly in the crotch and he drops in agony. I squirm free as he rolls around on the floor, clutching his most likely bruised private parts. Not even bothering to stay and laugh at my assailant, I run towards the stairs to meet Diana while checking my phone. 3:55. Thank jesus, maybe I won't be late. I turn the corner to see Diana sitting on the stairs and she looks so relieved.

"I'm so glad you're ok," she whispers in my ear as she embraces me. I muster up a smile as she pulls away. After a minute of silence, she sighs. "I guess you want to know why you're here, huh?" I nod. "Well, it's about Katr-"

"Diana!" A high pitched voice skreeches from the landing of the stairs. Katrina glides down and smiles her too large smile. "I know you weren't telling little miss here what we talked about?" Diana gulps hard and shakes her head quickly. "Of course not," Katrina chuckles.

"Sophie~" she purrs as she wraps her too thin arms around me, the bone purposefully digging in. "How are you and Diana here? You haven't spoken for a while..." I grimace and look at Katrina coldly before she bark laughs. "Oh, that's right. You're a mute now," she says patronly as she pats my cheek. "Too dumb to even fathom a sentence," she pouts as she pokes out her lip. Diana goes to walk away but Katrina loops her arm in hers. "Not so fast, missy. We have things to discuss," her voice is filled with poison.

Diana looks back at me with sad eyes as she mouths 'I'm sorry.' The doors swing shut behind them and they dissapear.