Runaway Groom (Nijimura Shuzo x Reader)

Start from the beginning

And again, everyone was shocked..

"N-Next week already?" You asked flabbergastedly.

"Yeah, they wanted to rush the marriage because of some reasons." Nijimura explained in a low voice, as if he was unhappy or something.

Your chest only tightened even more but you fought the urge to leave or ditch them. You didn't want to ruin the night just because of some pathetic personal reasons..

And so the conversation about the wedding went on and you swore to God you would cringe everytime you hear the name of the girl. Actually, the first time you heard his soon-to-be-wife's name, you nearly gasped in surprise. Of course, you knew her. [Random Bitch] was actually very pretty and she goes to the same university you were attending. She was pretty, sophisticated, rich, and yeah, a total bitch. She was mean to those she didn't like, but Nijimura didn't know that because she would act so nice and angelic infront of the guy.

What a total hypocrite..

You actually didn't care about her before since she's merely Nijimura's acquaintance, but now..

Just what the fuck!

*   *   *

"Where's my lucky item-nanodayoooo.." Midorima, who was already drunk, asked groggily before crashing on the sofa beside Murasakibara.

"Get away from me, Mido-chin. You're so annoying, I'll crush you." The giant grumbled, struggling to pull her arm out that was under Midorima's back.

"Dai-channnn.. Why is the roof going rounddd and rounddd and roundddd?" Momoi was being supported by Aomine, he laid her down to the comforter on the other side of the room.

"Shut up, Satsuki! Just sleep!" Then Aomine went to the barely awake Kuroko and dropped him down beside the knocked-out Kise. He laid down next to them after. "Mattaku! Why are these guys so weak?"

"You're one to talk. You're already drunk too, Daiki. You even stripped your shirt." Haizaki shot, laying cozily on the sofa next to the coffee table. "I'm gonna sleep, idiots. [Name], drink some coffee to take out the dizziness."

You, on the other hand, was still infront of the table with Akashi and Nijimura. "Duhh. Okay, Shougo. But I'm not dizzy so don't mind me."

"My head is gonna break." Akashi was barely hanging on but he still managed to stand up and walked towards the other vacant comforter and laid down, immediately falling asleep.

"Are you okay, [Name]?" Nijimura asked, looking at you worriedly.

You looked at him and smiled. "Yeah, I didn't drink a lot. But I guess Shougo was right, I need some coffee." You stood up and walked towards the kitchen. "I'm going to borrow your kitchen for a bit."

"Here, I'll help you."

You were already holding a mug when Nijimura entered the kitchen to brew you some coffee. You gulped, feeling the awkward atmosphere and the tension. But you forced yourself to act normal.

"Hey, [Name]."

You glanced at him through your shoulder. "Yes?"

"Will you come to my wedding?"

You nearly choked on your own saliva, but you immediately composed yourself. "If you want me to come."

"I don't want you to come, [Name]. Actually, I don't want to get married to another girl." His expression went serious and he crossed the distance between the two of you, cornering you against the secure counter. "If you tell me not to marry her, I won't. If you tell me that you love me, I'll tell them to cancel this fucking wedding."