Wolf Judges the Lion(Audelia POV)

Start from the beginning

I could see Jaime was holding his breath, waiting for Roose to continue. I don't think he would be able to survive if Cercei died. Although I did feel a little jealous, which was a new feeling for me. I fancied Jaime, and the kiss we shared the other night must have meant something. At least it meant a lot to me. But I also knew that his feelings for Cercei can't disappear in one night.

"How can I put this....", said Roose as he got closer.

"Your sister.... is alive and well. Your father's forces prevailed.", finally said Roose and Jaime sighed out in relief as he collapsed to his knees.

"Ser Jaime isn't well, take him to Qyburn.", ordered Lord Bolton and two guards came and picked him up. Brienne was also roughly pushed towards the entrance to the castle but I wasn't touched, just led. 

I wanted to accompany Jaime to the maester, but I couldn't. It would look wrong to Lord Bolton. Who knows, maybe he would tell Robb and then my brother would be extra mad at me.

I was led to my room but I decided that instead of going to sleep, I was going to go to the baths first. I hadn't had a proper wash in at least a month. Brienne had a room not far from mine as she had requested it. She said she promised my mother to protect her daughters, and she intended to keep that oath. She was going to accompany me everywhere but I assured her that I was safe and that she needed to rest herself. So she decided to go sleep. She hasn't slept properly for months now, since she always had to keep an eye out for Jaime.

The baths were thankfully unoccupied when I entered, and I quickly began washing myself. It was nice, feeling warm, clean water again. I heard footsteps echoing through the room and looked over at the entrance. A servant walked in, and Jaime behind him.

I sat up straighter immediately. He looked absolutely awful. He looked like he was in so much pain, I had to resist the urge of running over to him and helping him. The guard helped Jaime get out of his shirt, and pants leaving him bare naked, and I looked away. Even though I already had my first time, I still hadn't gotten used to seeing.... everything.

"Now get out", I heard Jaime order, and the servant bowed, leaving us alone. I sat back down on the underwater bench, as I watched Jaime's figure slowly, carefully walk over.

"Do you want some help?", I asked carefully.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?", he asked, raising his voice. I flinched but bit back on anything to say. He didn't need that. I overstepped a line yesterday when I yelled at him by the fire, I didn't want to do that again.

"Sorry", I heard him murmur, and he carefully slid inside the bath, sitting on the opposite side of me. I could see that he had many bruises on his chest and shoulders. And he had many different scars. 

I scooched my legs to my chest as to hide myself a little. I didn't want him to see anything yet.

"If I faint, pull me out. I don't want to be the first Lannister to die in a bath", murmured Jaime.

"Why?", asked Jaime suddenly and I looked up at him in confusion.

"What?".

"Why did you take care of me? Why do you care? My family murdered your father, they will kill your brother if they get their hands on him, they have your sister, and they lost your other sister. Why are you still here?", asked Jaime, looking up at me through his long, grimy hair.

"What your family did.... it wasn't your fault", I whisper back. 

"Was our kiss real? Or did you kiss me because you felt bad for me?", asked Jaime, and I sat straighter.