𝗔𝗵𝗮, 𝗜'𝗺 𝗶𝗻 𝗱𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿

"...can you put me down yet?"

"Nope."

Y/n huffed, giving up completely as she allowed Aether to carry her over his shoulder.

"Y'know I'd willingly help you if you gave me a proper apology." y/n pointed out and Aether gave her a curious look.

"Apologize for what?" he questioned.

Y/n blinked once. Then twice.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT!?? YOU KIDNAPPED ME!" y/n shrieked then began kicking again, "PUT ME DOWN ALREADY, THE FACT THAT YOU'RE DROPDEAD GORGEOUS DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST KIDNAP ME!!!"

"Paimon thinks you should put y/n down." Paimon piped in as y/n continued flailing, "Like... she did help us earlier."

"Exactly! Listen to Paimon!" y/n agreed and her eyes brightened when Aether put her down, "Yes! Freedom!"

She cleared her throat then extended a hand, "Okay, let's restart. Hi, my name's y/n. You are?"

"Aether." the blond replied and went to shake y/n's hand only for the girl to slap him with it.

"THAT'S FOR KIDNAPPING ME YOU CREEP!" y/n snapped then took a deep breath, "I can take you to Mountain Shaper, Cloud Retainer and the so called Conqueror of Demons but after that, I get to leave. Got it?"

"Got it." Paimon chirped while Aether rubbed his face, y/n's sudden slap leaving him somewhat stunned.

•••

Upon getting to Mt. Hulao, y/n was a little bit worried. There were so many lumps of amber, she began to wonder if coming was a good idea.

"Oh, there's someone up ahead." y/n murmured then shuffled behind Aether with a, "You go first."

Aether sighed heavily but walked ahead, y/n peeking out from behind him with her hands on his shoulders.

She flinched at the sound of a voice with a frightened, "EEK! WHO'S THAT!?"

Aether gave y/n an exasperated look, "Y/n, calm down, it's a person."

"A PERSON!?" y/n cried then blinked, relaxing, "Oh, a person. That's fine."

"Have mercy, O mighty adeptus!" this new person was whimpering as the three slowly approached, "I beg you... Show mercy upon me and my brother... Spare our lives!"

"What's wrong?" Aether asked simply.

Y/n flinched when the dude turned to them, letting out a mini shriek as she hid behind Aether again.

"...Oh, have mercy, mighty messengers of the illuminated adepti! I beg you to save us... my brother and I, we only came here because our family is poor, and we heard tell of treasures hidden in the amber of Mt. Hulao." the guy rambled, y/n barely even being able to keep up with him, "I had no idea how to rescue my brother, so I just started praying for the adepti to have mercy, right here on the spot. And now, at long last, two messengers come to my aid..."

Y/n deadpanned, "What? We're not adepti messengers..."

"We just wanna find the adepti, like everyone else." Aether added.

"No no no, you must be messengers... You have to be!" the guy exclaimed, shaking his head, "I have no idea which amber trapped him... Please, you have to rescue him! I beg you, show me some adepti mercy!"

"Oh, fine. I'll go have a look..." Aether sighed heavily, giving up completely.

"Thank you, thank you! O mighty messengers of the illuminated adepti, I promise that we will never be so foolish again!" this strange person cried.