Kin

(Just for this, Kabuto and Muzuki don't have silver hair, they got blond. But like a dirty light blond.)

That bastard is late again. Kakashi didn't bother with the small talk his sensei and Rin were engaging in, tapping his foot impatiently. He thought for sure Obito wouldn't be too much later for this mission, it was pretty important.

It was a tracking mission, for bloodline thieves. They were rogues from Kumo, and had already stolen the byakugan and a Nara(a boy, possibly for breeding purposes)from unsuspecting teams.

Seeing as the boy was an Uchiha, Kakashi thought maybe, just maybe he thought this mission was important enough to be on time.

Maybe he was scared, the patient, more reasonable side of Kakashi suggested. The degrading side of him scoffed. Of course he's scared.

Maybe a half hour later, Kakashi could make out the silhouette of the Uchiha. Finally seeing him, Minato gestured Obito to hurry, and they set out. It took him a little while to catch up to them, Kakashi in the lead. Kakashi bit the inside of his cheek to focus on tracking the scent he had rather than reprimanding his teammate.

This mission was more important than his stupid teammate.

It hadn't even been two hours before Minato-sensei called for them to stop. Which one of his useless teammates was holding them back this time?

There was a strong stench of fish in the air and Kakashi wanted nothing more than to keep going. He gagged a little at the strong scent.

As it turned out none of his teammates were holding them down. In fact, the two were equally as disgusted as he was at the moment, and Minato led them to a river.

Or what was supposed to be a river.

What weirdo would destroy fish like this? Rin seemed to be more at ease now, and Minato looked down at her. "Rin?"

"Maybe its a medic nin," she said, wrinkling her nose. "Or one in training. Healing fish is one of the ways to learn the chakra control needed for medical ninjutsu, and it does get this messy.."

Kakashi considered it. Maybe she wasn't quite as useless as he thought. Just as Minato was going to agree Kakashi stumbled back, almost falling over at the strong, strong stench that overpowered the fish, if not just barely. "Kakashi?"

Kakashi had his nose covered, and he was wheezing, "Not a medic nin. Not a medic nin."

Obito looked at him warily. "How do you know that?" A genuine question. He wasn't refuting Kakashi, because he wouldn't be so dramatic just to say Rin's wrong, but instead listened sharply.

Kakashi buried his nose into the mint he tucked into his arm warmers on his wrist, to hopefully clear his nose a little. "Northeast, someone, multiple people, just died. Very violently based on how much blood I'm picking up."

Obito went green, and Rin looked up at their sensei for direction. Minato nodded, "All right, lets check that out. We need to get Kakashi out of the area anyway."

It didn't even take them ten minutes to reach the dead bodies, the smell of fish still in the air but all but covered with the scent of iron. The bodies were twisted beyond repair, bones poking through bloodied flesh, faces twisted in pain but other than that untouched. The one responsible seemingly wanted others to know who they killed.

And they knew.

Minato pulled out their mission scroll, confirming the identities. "These are our targets.."