Chapter 18: One After Another

Start from the beginning

-Jaemin, hide! – You immediately stood up before dragging Jaemin towards the bedroom.

-Narae, what is Eunju doing here? – Jaemin asked, confused.

-I don't know; maybe Eunju wants to threaten me again. I can't tell, but stay here and don't go out. – You told Jaemin, but his expression didn't sit well with you. It seems he disagrees with your order. -Jaemin. – You looked at him, concerned.

-Alright. But if I hear something odd, I'll go there with you. – Jaemin claimed, which you nodded for in response. Then, you closed the bedroom before walking towards the entrance, shortly opening the door.

-Finally! – Eunju rolled her eyes before entering your apartment.

-Sure, come inside. – You sarcastically said before closing the door.

-Well, I'm here to clear out some things with you, Cha Narae. – Eunju spoke, looking more bossy than usual.

-Jaemin's POV-

-Oh, yes? – Narae answered, her voice getting more distinct as I step closer to the front part of the apartment.

-I talked with my father a few hours ago. We had an exquisite dinner with Jaemin's father, and I proposed a new alternative for Jaemin's team. – Eunju disclosed, capturing my attention immediately.

-You want to marry Jaemin. – Narae guessed.

-Yes, but first, I have to put you against my baby. It seems that Jaemin learned to appreciate you, so that needs to change. – Eunju spoke, sounding proud and excited.

-What did you do? – Narae sternly asked.

-Do you know the company's most relevant partner? Yong Sangkyu is the vice-president of the Yong's Corporation, a family business run by his father. Aside from my dad, this young man is also close to Jaemin's father. So, I asked him to put you in a project with Yong Sangkyu. – Eunju explained, immediately causing me to close my hands into fists.

-It's only collaboration, so why would Jaemin care? – Narae questioned.

-Narae, so innocent. Remember that you mentioned a wedding? Well, yours will happen before mine because if the project succeeds, Mr. Na will ask you to sacrifice yourself for the company's sake. – Eunju disclosed, leaving me shocked.

How obsessed is this girl with me? She even manipulates my father as she pleases.

-I will quit the company then. – Narae said without hesitation.

-Is that so? Why? Don't you want to be loyal to your friends? – Eunju questioned, putting Narae in a stressful situation. Suddenly, the place became quiet until Eunju gasped. -Why is there a jacket there? Is Jaemin in here? – Eunju anxiously asked.

-No. It's Chenle's, and I shouldn't give you explanations of who comes into my apartment. – Narae sternly said before taking a deep breath. -Eunju, throw all the bullets you want towards me. I don't care what you do; in the end, everyone will see your true identity. – Narae declared, not hesitating any of her words.

-Alright, then wait for the events to come! Goodnight, Narae! It's always a pleasure to talk with you. – Eunju sarcastically spoke before I heard her walking away, then closing the door of the apartment.

Immediately, I walked out of the hallway and got closer to Narae, who's kneeling on the floor.

-Hey, it's okay. – I murmured while stroking Narae's arms.

-Wedding? Did you hear that woman? – Narae questioned, looking seriously upset.

-I won't let any of that happen, I promise. – I said before looking at Narae's expression. -Love, stay calm, okay? Nobody will get married, and I won't let you go. – I assured Narae before holding her tightly against me.

-Eunju won't have what she wants. – Narae murmured before glancing at me, looking slightly solemn. -Do you trust me? – Narae asked.

-Yes. – I nodded before Narae caressed my hair.

-Uh, I don't want to hurt you, but I don't know what else we can do to stop Eunju. – Narae spoke, making me look at her, confused.

-Narae, what do you want to do? – I asked.

-Your father won't believe anything that comes from us, so we need to get evidence against Eunju to prove that she's crazy. – Narae explained.

-I can try to talk with my father, and after that, we can see what else to do. – I suggested before holding Narae's arms. -Love, go one step at a time, okay? Right now, Eunju can't hurt us, and her plans will take a while to develop. So, stay calm. – I softly said before Narae nodded, briefly taking a deep breath.

-I never encountered such an obsessed woman. So, I guess that's why Eunju makes me get out of my comfort zone. – Narae said before releasing a subtle smile, but I could tell that she's trying so hard to keep it on her face.

-Are you scared? – I asked.

-A little. But I can take it; I only need to keep my mind busy with something else. – Narae said before smiling at me, then gently caressing my cheek. -It's okay. For now, we need to focus on the event and the following projects. – Narae said before standing up, shortly walking towards the window, watching the rain through it.

I stood up and stared at Narae, noticing that it's hard for her to keep it together.

-Love, nothing will happen if I'm here. – I said while looking at Narae's back. Then, she turned around and smiled at me.

-Sure. I will protect you too. – Narae said before glancing back at the rain. I walked closer to her before embracing her from behind, shortly placing my chin on Narae's shoulder.

-Let's be happy together, okay? – Narae spoke while stroking my hair.

-Yes, let's stay happy. – I said before sighing, lightly closing my eyes.

You have a way to strike Narae in the worse ways, Eunju. So, I wonder if you know something about her that I don't acknowledge. Marriage seems to be what throws Narae off, but what connection does Narae has with it?