09, ghost stories

Start from the beginning

"What's that smell?" Minho asked.

"Probably you." Trinity smirked and her eyes widened when she saw something in the dark. She grabbed Minho's arm, pulling him towards the group. "Behind you!"

Daphne lifted up her flash light, screaming when a crank chained up lunged at them. She moved closer to Newt, who pushed her behind him. "Oh, shit!"

The Gladers screamed, all huddling together when more and more cranks appeared, all in chains.

"I see you've met our guard dogs." Another voice said as a door opened, a girl with short hair walking towards them. She smirked, "You guys look like shit. Come on. Follow me. Unless you want to stay here with them."

"Walk." Trinity instructed, and the group followed the girl into the building.

"Come on, keep up." The girl told the group as they walked further into what looked like a warehouse. They made their way past multiple people, mostly men who honestly scared the crap out of Daphne.

Trinity looked at Daphne, a smirk on her face and she mouthed to her sister, "She's hot."

Daphne smiled, shaking her head while Trinity shrugged.

"Jorge wants to meet you." The girl spoke.

"Who's Jorge?" Thomas asked.

"You'll see." She smirked. "No one's come out of the Scorch in a long time. You've just got him curious. And me, too."

"Anyone else starting to get a bad feeling about this place?" Minho mumbled.

"Let's just hear him out." Thomas suggested as the group walked into another room.

A tall man stood facing the wall and the girl spoke, "Jorge, they're here.l

He turned around, the smallest of smirks on his face. "Do you ever get the feeling the whole world's against you?"

"All the time." Trinity spoke immediately, sighing slightly while Minho gave her a look.

"Three questions. Where did you come from? Where are you going? How can I profit?" Jorge asked and the group stood silent. "Don't all answer at once."

"We're headed for the mountains. Looking for the Right Arm." Thomas explained and the men around them laughed, making the girl on the couch roll her eyes.

"You're looking for ghosts, you mean. Question number two. Where did you come from?" He asked again.

"That's our business." Minho spoke, exchanging a look with Thomas.

"Here's the part where we die." Trinity mumbled and the men grabbed Thomas, pushing his head down. The girl grabbed a device, and Daphne's eyes widened when she saw the device scan Thomas's neck.

"What is that?" Daphne asked and a man grabbed her arm. Newt immediately turned to him, shooting him a glare as he pulled his girlfriend closer to him.

"Shut up, you big baby." The girl told Thomas and the device beeped. She looked up at Jorge, "You were right."

"Right about what?" Minho questioned.

"What is she talking about?" Thomas looked at Jorge.

"I'm sorry, hermano. Looks like you're tagged." Jorge held up the device. "You came from WICKED. Which means... you're very valuable."

-

"Good plan, Thomas." Minho glanced at him. "Just hear what the man has to say."

"Really working out for us." Trinity scoffed, smirking slightly.

"Shut up, Minho, you too, Trin." He rolled his eyes. Daphne laughed slightly, looking at Newt. The group hung upside, believe or not, over a pit that if they fell from, they would most definitely die. "Maybe I can reach the rope."

"Doubt it." Daphne mumbled.

Jorge walked into the room, crossing his arms and smirking, "Enjoying the view?"

"Oh yeah, it's beautiful. Do they have postcards with this stunning view on it?" Trinity smirked.

"What the hell do you want?" Minho asked.

"That is the question. My men want to sell you back to WICKED. Life has taught them to think small." Jorge explained. "I'm not like that. Something tells me that you're not either."

"Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?" Minho looked at Trinity.

"Shut it, Minho, we're lucky we're not dead yet." Daphne mumbled.

"Tell me what you know about the Right Arm." Jorge demanded.

"I thought you said they were ghosts." Thomas replied.

"I happen to believe in ghosts. Especially when I hear them chattering on the airwaves. You tell me what you know, and maybe we can make a deal." Jorge walked over to the lever.

"We don't know much." Thomas began and Jorge moved the lever. The Gladers all let out screams as they dropped slightly. Daphne's eyes widened with fear before they stopped moving.

"Okay! Okay, all right. They're hiding in the mountains. And they attacked WICKED. They got out a bunch of kids. That's it. That's all we know." Thomas rambled.

"Yo, Jorge." A man walked into the room. "What's going on?L

"Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted. We're done now." Jorge shrugged.

"Hey, wait." Thomas stopped him. "You're not gonna help us?"

"Don't worry, hermano. We'll get you back to where you belong. Hang tight."

"He's absolutely hilarious."

"Shut up, Trin."