James Buchanan Barnes

"Uh no, what happened?"
He pulled me out of my bed and we went to his room, opened a draw and got out what looked like Dog Tags.

"Before I left, I got my dog tags copied for both you and Steve incase something happened. Steve got his but I hadn't had the chance to give yours so I left it on your bed at your home. But before I could even talk to you about them, you got into a accident driving down to the post office to send me and Steve a letter. Wishing us luck on our missions and hoping to see us soon. Nobody knew what caused the crash so they labelled it as a accidental crash into a wall that flew off the cliff into water. There was a storm that night so I don't know if that is what happened."

There were tears in my eyes when he began to open my palms softly and placed the tags into my palms "y/n, I've liked for nearly 78 years now. The Winter Soldier may not remember it but Bucky Barnes certainly does. Take this as a way of me asking you to officially be my girlfriend, so make this man happy and say yes?"

I smiled, put on the tags and kissed him passionately. He moaned and wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer, but there was one question I needed to know: "mhmm, Bucky wait I need to ask something" His face went from happy to concerned in 5 seconds max "It's not bad! I promise! I just want to know...why didn't you and Steve say anything? And does my family know about this?"

He was about to answer until another voice behind us answered "We thought it be best if you figured it out first so it wouldn't be so stressful. We're not sure your family knows anything but your Grandmother might know something" Steve leaned against the doorframe with his arms crossed over his chest. He walked in and gave Bucky a man hug "Just wanted to see how you were doing"
I left them both to have a chat before I texted Mark to let him know everything that happened. He was the type of brother who would always listen and give the best advice, almost 5 minutes later I got a call from him. "What's up you muppet?" I laughed when he started whisper shouting "I swear to Satan if you don't tell me the drama I will lose the plot!"

I explained to him about Hydra taking me, Bucky telling me everything that had happened, my memory coming and what happened between us.
"Ok you seriously gotta talk to Grandma about this. She has all of our family history up in the attic so maybe she can send some stuff your way. She also might have something Aunt Mary had, I remember Mum and Grandma talk about Aunt Mary and her sister Helen having another sister but nobody can remember the name."

"Thank you so much Mark! I'll let you know what happens later!" I said lying down on my bed. "Oh no problem! Oooo! Before I forget and Nathaniel reminds me how forgetful I am, would you like to come with us to pick up Quinn? Bring Bucky too?" I smiled and told him I would ask Bucky.

I then fell asleep to feel 10 minutes later, my body being pulled on a shoulder and my arms naturally place themselves on their chest. "Goodnight Doll, see you in the morning" He kissed my forehead as I slowly drifted off into a loving sleep, before fully falling asleep I heard one last thing Bucky said "So fucking cute"