Bonus Chapter #2.5

En başından başla

Right across the street of the apartment was this cute diner. I go there every Friday for dinner, sometimes alone or sometimes with some classmates of mine. A few minutes later dad stops in front of my apartment and parks his car in the visiting parking.

Just as we exited the car, dad's phone rang, he looked at the caller id and looked back up at me apologetically. "I am sorry, I have got to take it, both of you go to the diner, I will join you in a few minutes." He says and both of us nod.

Just as we are crossing street Madison's phone rings. We stop right in front of the diner door and she removes her phone from her pocket. "It's Lucas. I have got to take it." She says sheepishly and I nod. She gives me a small smile, "Why don't you go in and get us a table, I will come in right after I am done with this call." She says. "Sure." I shrug, with that she walks away, answering the call on the way.

I slowly pushed open the diner door, and my eyebrows furrowed when I saw it was completely dark, only with a few scented candles around, not just any scented candles, my favourite scented candles.

I also noticed rose petals scattered all around and in the middle a heart made out of the petals. My lips slightly parted at the scene in front of me, "Wha-" My voice vanished in my throat when I saw a shadow move from behind the counter, as he came forward his face became more and more clear. "Ethan." His name leaves my lips in the form of a whisper.

"Amelia." He says as he takes another step forward and my eyes move down his frame. I notice he is wearing a suit which has one of the button's buttoned up, his white shirt is ironed and crips and the top few buttons are unbuttoned, his suit pants make his leg look more defined and his formal shoes are shining even in the dark, thanks to the reflection of the candles.

His hair was slightly messy just the way I had told him I liked it all those years. "What are you doing?" I ask, my voice breathless. "Making things right." He said and only then did I notice he was right in front of me. His hand slowly came up to my cheek and he stroked it softly. My eyes closed at the feeling, savoring his touch after two months. Two months of hell.

I felt him lean down before I felt his breath on my lips and I knew he was going to kiss me. I started leaning in too before I realized what I was doing. I opened my eyes and took two steps back, making his hand that was on my cheek fall to the side. His eyes opened and he looked at me with surprise and hurt.

"You don't get to do that. You broke up with me, you... you can't just try to kiss me like that and expect everything to be right." I say as I shake my head, tears slightly forming in my eyes. He gulped and nodded. "I know... God I know." He mumbled and only then did I notice how nervous he was.

"Lia, I am an idiot for breaking up with you. A jerk. An asshole, god words cant desribe how fucking sorry I am and how badly I regret doing it." He says as he gulps. "These two months... God these were hell. Waking up without you by my side, having to walk into the kitchen without seeing you there every morning. Home didn't feel like home after you left." He whispered the last part before walking towards me and taking both my hands in his.

He picked them up and placed soft kisses on the back of them, almost bringing tears to my eyes. "I love you Lia and I was dumb. I was dumb to listen to those fucking reporters who didnt know shit. It took me two months to realise this but Lia without you I am nothing. I can't function properly without you by my side. You were never a distraction, never. You were my lucky charm, my cheerer on days I was upset, my strength and my weakness. You hold so much power over me I don't think you realise it." His voice is so quiet and I bite my lip softly as a small tear forms in my eyes and rolls down.

He leaves one of my hands and wipes my tear away with the pad of his thumb before kissing my cheek. He gulps and looks at me, and I notice his hands are slightly shaking. "Alright... Um I am very nervous right now so if I mess this up it's not my fault alright?" He asks, his tone a bit playful and I let out a small chuckle before nodding.