This isn't goodbye

I stared from my doorway of my old room as my dad carried the luggage out to my car. "Time to go kido," my dad said coming up behind me. I sighed and turned to face hIm picking up my guitar case and my travel bag. "I'm really gonna miss you bug,"my dad said kissing my forehead." Dad this isn't goodbye I'll see you on holidays...I just...I need to do this for me I haven't seen mom or Scott in forever and I think this will be good for me," I retorted walking around my father and down the stairs. Buster sat at the foot of the stairs waging his tail. I sat my guitar case Down and hugged him. Take care of him for me buddy I'll miss you. A small whimper escaped him and I felt my heart shatter. "Take care of Buster dad your all he has left now.

   Once outside I put my guitar in the trunk and my travel bag in the passenger seat before heading around to the drivers side. "Do you have everything?" My dad asked. "I think so," I said smiling weakly. "Do you have enough money," more than enough I've been saving every penny from work and baby sitting and music lessons plus Scott said his boss has a job for me at the vets office when I get there," I replied. "Well this is it, " he said hugging me one last time and kissing my forehead. "Be careful and let me know when you get there," he said. I nodded before climbing into my care. I took a deep breathe started the car and hear the engine roar to life. I plugged my phone into the aux chord before taking off. Hold on till May by Pierce the veil blasted through the speakers. No turning back now Beacon Hills here I come.