Chapter 7

The whole village formed a search party, wearing party hats on their hair.

"Azalea!?" the trolls yelled out. "Azalea!"

Branch looked around frantically for his daughter, checking in every bush. "Where is she? Where is she?" Branch said panicking. "Did you take her!?" he yelled at a puffalo.

He felt around in his fur, but Azalea wasn't there.

"You're clear... but I'm keeping my eyes on you." The puffalo kicked him, and he went flying away. "AHHHHH!"

     Poppy walked over to Branch to help him up, as he rubbed his head. "We are never getting a pet puffalo," he said.

     Azalea could hear all the shouting, but did not respond to it.

     "We gotta keep going, Shimmer. We can't let them find us," Azalea said, carrying Shimmer. Shimmer licked her face.

     "Azalea!" The shouting was getting closer. Azalea looked around.
"I won't let them take you away from me," she said. She hugged Shimmer, and then started running in the opposite direction of the search party.

     She ran, and ran, suddenly tripping on a rock.

     "AHHHHH!" she screamed, letting go of Shimmer, as they both tumbled down a hill.

     Azalea fell over the cliff at the bottom of the hill with a scream. Shimmer struggled to stop, digging her claws into the dirt.

     Her back end fell over the cliff, but she held onto the ledge with her front paws. She whimpered, kicking her back feet, until she was able to pull herself to safety.

     Panting, she turned, looking over the edge to see Azalea hanging on a branch.

     "Ruff!" Shimmer barked.
"Shimmer!" Azalea cried out, hanging onto the branch for dear life.

     Shimmer barked, and barked, running back and forth, not knowing what to do.

     "Azalea!" the trolls yelled off in the distance. Shimmer looked in the direction the sound was coming from. They were going the wrong way!

     She looked at Azalea one last time, and then took off running.