08. Prove Me

SUZY'S POV

97. 98. 99. 100. 101. 102...

Ugh! Counting is not working. I just want to sleep!

Wait, should I try listening to Su Bin's ASMR? It worked well with Steph, it might work with me too.

I took my phone and played the video... but I can't continue listening to it! This is not working at all!

1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

"I will prove you that you can trust me. That I'm different!"

Then prove me wrong, because I'm honestly tired of hating men, of hating Gab and Dad. Maybe, if someone would actually prove me that I am wrong, that not all men are the same... then maybe... maybe... I could live a happier and more normal life... maybe I could forgive them.

Prove me wrong.

I wanted to tell him all of these, but I'm scared.

***

Delete

Delete.. Delete.. Delete..

Nope.

***

JOOHYUK'S POV

Of course I didn't get a reply. 🙃

It's okay, giving up is not in my vocabulary.

LIBRARY

LIBRARY

It's Monday, she should be here right?

I've been sitting here for almost five minutes now but I can't still see her. Literally, no one is here but me. Where is she?

I took my phone to text her.

"Are you in the library?"

I was about to send my message when I saw her coming out from the comfort room.

I waved at her and smiled...

and she smiled back.

She smiled back.

Wait, she smiled back at me?

The Bae Suzy smiled back at me!!!

***

SUZY'S POV

As expected, he's here.

He waved and smiled at me, so I smiled back.

I decided to be nice to him today because he drove me home yesterday.

I then went to the library counter and opened the computer.

He stood and walked towards me and I feel weird..

Why is my heart beating fast?

"Thank you," he said.

"For what?" I asked with confusion.

"For smiling. Your smile just made my day."

WTH. I turned to hide my face. I went to the nearest shelf and started organizing the books... which don't really need to be organized because they already are.
But I have to do something to hide my face! He just made me blush! WTH!

"Please smile more often. You are prettier when you smile."

This is the second time that he said that. Not that I'm counting, it's just that I have a very good memory.

"Suzy.."

"Hmm?" I asked without looking at him.

"About yesterday."

I stopped whatever I'm doing and turned to him.

"Joo Hyuk please... please just forget about it."

"I hope it's that easy.
Suzy... I like you. I really do... and after hearing everything yesterday, I suddenly want to protect you and make you happy. I don't know the pain that you went through, or still going through.. but I want you to know that not all men are the same. You can trust me Suzy, I will never hurt you. Actually, my friends are not that kind of men too. Suzy, good men exist. You can be friends with men and live a more normal and happier life without anger in your heart. Please Suzy, let me help you. Let me prove it to you."

The next thing he did made my heart skip a beat.

He reached for my hand and held it.

I looked at our hands.. then looked at his face, I can see sincerity in his eyes.

I slowly pulled my hand from his.

"I'm sorry." He said and bowed his head as if he didn't mean holding my hand.

"Prove me." I said softly enough for him to hear.

After saying that, I walked towards the farthest shelf and I'm not planning to go back to the counter until he leaves this library.

There. I said it. I'm scared.

But I felt his sincerity... his care...

Am I starting to trust him?

Am I starting to fall for him?

***

Author's Note:

A very very short update for you guys.
I'm sorry I've been very busy and is still busy.

Will try to update every weekend.

Stay healthy and safe everyone!

xoxo
baebysuj