chapter 1: warning

y/n's point of view

"Here's your order, caramel flan latte venti and your one slice oreo cookie whipped cream cake! That would be 1,200 won." I said and handed them their order.

"Well that's the last for today" I sighed while I lean on the counter, glancing at the clock.

"You shouldn't have worked so late today! it's your first day tomorrow, isn't it?" Wensdeigh exclaimed as she closed the open sign.

"Yeah and let you work here alone? It would be a mess, manager's going to kill us both by then." We both laughed. "There are leftover oreo cookie crumbs at the back, you can snack on it. I'll get going." Wensdeigh nodded and waved goodbye, bubbly.

Just when I got to my apartment I saw a letter stuck on my door.

Your apartment payment is due three days from now.

I sighed and threw the letter in the trash bin.

I threw my phone on the bed as I finish buttoning my school uniform

I threw my phone on the bed as I finish buttoning my school uniform. I kinda wake up late, but I'm sure I'll be on time for school.

Just when I got to school, I roamed around the school since I'm not sure where my classroom is.

"Excuse me?" I slightly tapped the first person I saw on the staircase, sitting.

"I was wondering if you can instruct me where this class is?" he looked at the card I showed him. I wished he could've been faster? because I am running late! He's lucky I'm new student here, I know my lane.

"Follow me." He spoke and started walking. I don't know if I could trust this guy though? But yet I'm still following his lead. As we got into the hallway, we pass by classrooms, the students here seem... fun, I guess.

"Sunoo!"

I flinched from the voice coming towards us. Who are they calling? I peek from behind the boy I was following and saw boys running towards us. I curled my eyebrows and looked at the boy I was following. Wait are they calling this guy? Well, I guess his name is Sunoo then.

"Where were you?-" All of them stopped once they noticed me.

"Oooh, so you were with this girl. Hi, I'm Heeseung." He smiled and winked. I just looked away, I couldn't help it, all of them are looking at me.

"Was she tasty?" I heard one of them mumbled, and the rest of them laughed in a quiet manner. What the heck did I just hear?

"EXCUSE ME?" They all flinched and turned their attention back to me as I raised my voice. "If you can't treat a transferee student respectfully, I'll just have to find my way to my classroom on my own" I exclaimed, emphasizing 'respectfully' and stomped away.

"Wait!" One of them grabbed my wrist, stopping me.

"What!" I exclaimed once more.

"You're Y/n, right? Our classroom is here." He planted a soft smile, I looked at the door in front of us. Oh...

I can feel my face burns out of embarrassment anf felt bad for raising my voice at him, he actually looks genuinely nice, ONLY HIM.

I lowered my head and entered the classroom. Wow... then it turns out they're my classmates. How lucky of me...

As I simultaneously entered together with the boys, the girls from the class started screaming. I got confused for a sec but when I looked beside me I saw girls clinging on the boys. I rolled my eyes and took an empty seat by the window. they didn't even bother asking my name! well this isn't a great start for the day, isn't it?

 they didn't even bother asking my name! well this isn't a great start for the day, isn't it?

"Bastards, huh?" my whole body jumped, almost throwing my phone. "Why are you eating here alone?" It's the boys from earlier...

"Why do you keep bugging me? I couldn't even look at the board earlier without seeing your hideous face, gazing at me. Stop it." I babbled in annoyance.

"I'm Jay, I know it's kind of rude of us not letting you know our names." He introduced and all of them sat with me in the bleachers, sitting comfortably. I took a deep breath. Y/n, hold it, remember... this is your first day. I slowly stood up, leaving.

"No, please. We're not here to bug you, we just don't want you to feel left out in this school. I'm Jake, the student council's vice president." He introduced, stopping me from leaving, again. I won't doubt why he's one of the student council officers, He's so sweet and probably the most decent human being among these boys. I actually want to apologize for what I did to him earlier.

"Fine... I'll let you guys introduced yourselves. After that, I'm leaving." I said and sat a bit distant from them.

"This is Ni-ki, Jungwon, and Sunghoon. As you probably know by now, this is Heeseung, Jay, and Sunoo. We are mostly known here as the student council officers and also Enhypen." Jake introduced, pointing at them. Enhypen, huh? No wonder why the girls from earlier were going insane. If jake's the vice, then who is the president?

"Me" I flinched as I heard Heeseung responding to my thoughts. How did it looked like he just read my mind? I stared at his eyes and he did the same.

"You're weird" I spoke and bowed at them, walking away.

"I'm actually genuinely surprised they haven't recruited you though." Ni-ki expressed as he follows beside me, I furrowed my eyebrows. I turned around and saw the other boys walking away in the opposite direction. So I guess Ni-ki is purposely following me.

"Recruit? And who are they exactly?" I asked in confusion. He sighed and looked around.

"I know hyungs wouldn't let me tell you but I want to help you. You're different." He stated, I just stared at him with a bewildered face. He annoyingly smiled and raised his eyebrows.

"Do you see that girl being bullied?... that's what will happen to you once they saw you with us, more or less something even worse."

Is he nuts or something? I tried walking closer to help the girl but he stopped me.

"Don't worry that girl would still die by dusk comes, there's no point helping her" My eyes widened.

"What are you saying?! If you're here to scare me away, It's not working!" I exclaimed in anger. I'm not going to lie... I don't think he's just saying this to scare me away, and that's what makes it scarier... I don't know if he's telling the truth or not.

"I'm not scaring you. As I said, I'm helping you. And remember this as a warning... don't let them recruit you." He continued, "And most importantly, don't let your curiosity cross the line, it will only drag you to hell."

TO BE CONTINUED