Websites to Write on Other than Wattpad

Wattpad is a pretty old site. Launched in 2006, it has progressed to the point millions of books have been published on it. But to those who didn't get a headstart, Wattpad isn't the best place to be. Due to the traffic, the systems overloaded, meaning books have a harder time filtering into the algorithm and potential readers are lost. Which leads to hate and anger at HQ, throwing the Stars under the bus, readers leaving due to the broken algorithm. A lot of things have gone wrong with Wattpad no matter how much we love it. So if you are wishing for a new page to start, here are three alternative sites to Wattpad that you can write on (and maybe flourish!)

Royal Road

Created in 2013, this writing site is home to millions of writers and readers

Created in 2013, this writing site is home to millions of writers and readers. Like Wattpad, readers can comment and give feedback on the books they read and give it a star rating for future readers. New books published are featured on the front page of the site, so readers have an easier way of coming across them. Royal Road has stepped up on security when it comes to publishing books. Books are required to go through a three-chapter read-through by HQ members themselves to make sure none of the work is copied off and it's safe for readers. Perfect for experienced writers who want to make a name for themselves!

Cons:

The site leans more towards Fantasy and Sci-fi books.

Not the best place for new writers (no written guides and high competition).

Due to the rating system, some writers will troll.

Webnovel

Based on a Chinese writing platform, Webnovel offers a more varied range like Wattpad

Based on a Chinese writing platform, Webnovel offers a more varied range like Wattpad. Popular books come from a range of genres, unlike Royal Road where Fantasy is the winning one. With weekly prompts and guides written by real authors on Webnovel itself to help new writers, it's a nice place to start. Right now, Webnovel is hosting a writing competition and the winner takes home $10000. How cool is that!

Cons:

There have been complaints that it runs slow.

New books aren't featured.

It's harder to get known out there if you aren't writing popular genres.

There have been cases of plagiarism.

Writersky.com

A minimalist but beautiful layout, Writers is open to all ages, where readers can choose from a range of genres and new books have a chance to get featured on the site's front page

A minimalist but beautiful layout, Writers is open to all ages, where readers can choose from a range of genres and new books have a chance to get featured on the site's front page. You can either sign up with Google or Facebook and the site boasts features that make it easier for you to write. You can even promote your Amazon books through the site! It's a small community but all the greater to get more exposure to your works!

Cons:

No rating system like Royal Road.

No monetizing strategy like Wattpad.

Isn't as modern as Wattpad.

There you go! These writing sites are free and signing up is as easy as 1,2,3. Do keep in mind, copyright might be an issue so precautions must be done to protect your work.

Happy writing!

WRITTEN BY icymonkey2004

BANNER BY Sugar_And_Spice125