This was definitely not what she had been expecting.

"You want me to-?" Ash looked to Maya and then to Liam who was just watching her, had they known about this?

She was silently asking them for help and she hoped that they got the hint. Maya gave her a soft smile.

"Wherever you go, is where we will be. The choice is yours Ash"

That was sweet and all, but what the hell was Ash supposed to do now?!

"I- I don't-" Ash stopped talking, she was embarrassing herself and it was better to just stay quiet.

She started listing the pros and cons in her head.

Cons:

She had to follow rules... ew

No more killing whoever she wanted

No more missions whenever she wanted

Jack wasn't here to enjoy it with them...

She would have to go public about her powers to the rest of the world

No more doing whatever she wanted, whenever she wanted, wherever she wanted.

Was she really ready to give all that up?

Pros:

Comfortable bed

Free food

Training

She would have a team that would make fights a lot easier

Maya could finally be able to go to school as she'd always wanted

Liam would have a building buddy and would probably have a better chance at a happy life

Peter had asked her out (which she said yes to, by the way)

She would have a... family?

But was family what she really wanted?

Flashback:

Steve and Ash were sparring in the training room. It was early in the morning, Steve had already woken up but Ash had never gone to sleep.

The door to the training room opened and Tony walked in carrying a file.

"I got those lab test results you guys wanted." He called to them and they both stepped out of the ring. They had asked Tony a few days ago to check their DNA, Ash's curiosity had gotten the better of her and Steve had agreed since he also wanted to know.

"And?" Asked Steve.

"I'm not sure, I haven't opened it yet. Thought you might want to be here when I do"

He slowly opened the file and his eyes scanned the page. He closed the file, his face remaining expressionless, and looked at the two of them.

"Congrats Cap"

Ash froze at those words, did that mean-?

"You're officially a dad"

When Tony had left, there was an awkward silence.

"So what happens now?" Asked Ash, she wasn't really sure what Steve being her biological father meant.

"I'm not sure" Admitted Steve, who also had no idea. "I guess we figure it out as we go."

Ash nodded, that was a good plan. But something was still nagging at her.

"And Steve?"

"Yeah, Ash?"

"You're still not allowed to ground me"

Steve just smiled and shook his head.

End Of Flashback.

Steve's pov:

Steve watched as Ash just blinked.

It was rather funny watching her reaction.

It had taken a bit of time for Steve to agree to the idea of Ash joining the Avengers since it would mean she would be put in a lot of dangerous situations. But after Nat reminded him that Ash would be in dangerous situations either way he agreed.  A very big part of him hoped that she would say yes. It would mean they got to spend more time together. After that night fifteen years ago, he never thought he would be able to raise Katherine's child. Never thought that she would turn out to be his own daughter. But here she was, sitting in front of him with a very confused look on her face.

Ashlyn's pov:

Ash looked around the room one more time and her eyes landed on Maya and Liam. Maya was doing a good job holding in her hopefulness but Liam was practically jumping up and down. Maya said they would follow her anywhere, and Ash didn't doubt that. But this was what they wanted.

And plus, the Avengers tower offered very very very good donuts.

Ash's mind was made up and she let a big grin spread across her face.

"I'm in."

The End

A/N:

HA! Y'all thought that was the end...

Well it is

lol

BUT I'll be posting a few bonus scenes that give you a look into Ash's future, so make sure you check those out because they're pretty funny tbh.

Thank you guys so much for reading my story, it seriously means so much to me and I hope you all enjoyed it!