50

Avenger's pov:

The Avengers were all sitting in the living room. However, now there was one more with them. Thor was now visiting from Asgard. So all the Avengers were sitting on the couches catching up. Thor was eating from a box of pop tarts and occasionally throwing one at Bruce. Maya and Liam had also been introduced to Thor, Thor was currently asking Maya how... planes work?

Steve wasn't focused on the conversation, he was worried about Ash, nobody had seen or heard from her since yesterday. Most people wouldn't have cared so much since Ash was an experienced assassin but Steve was well... Steve.

Bucky had tried to convince him that Ash knew what she was doing but Steve only nodded, not paying attention to what Bucky had said.

Steve excused himself to go get a cup of tea and Nat followed him.

"What's up Steve?" Asked Nat

"Nothing much" Steve lied as he poured the hot water.

"You know I don't believe that" stated Nat, setting herself on the kitchen counter.

Nat didn't need to be an assassin to tell that something was obviously bothering Steve. She just wished he would tell her.

"Steve, Ash is okay," Nat said, guessing that it was what Steve was worried about. Her guess was confirmed when Steve gave her a small smile.

"She shouldn't have just left without telling anyone where she was going." He said.

"Steve, you have to understand that it's what she's been doing for her entire life. It's what she's used to," Nat explained.

Steve knew she was right, it wasn't Ash's fault if she didn't want to tell them anything. Steve didn't even know why he was upset. It's not like he knew where she went when she wasn't at the tower. Steve wouldn't admit it to the rest of them, but he liked having her around. She was always making jokes and she reminded him of Katherine which he enjoyed. But something about her disappearance gave him a bad feeling, it just felt... wrong?

Ashlyn's pov:

Ash was wearing a flowy lilac-colored dress and a pair of silver heels. Her hair was down but slightly curled with big beach waves. Her brown curls matched perfectly with her dress and she was pretty proud of herself for that. Ash didn't bother changing the way her face looked, because Oliver had never seen the real her. Ash also hadn't slept properly in the past week and she was also mildly dehydrated. But she ignored that and walked up the steps to the mansion.

 There were more people than the last time she had attended one of these gatherings

 There were more people than the last time she had attended one of these gatherings. There was also security everywhere, and by everywhere, she means, EVERYWHERE. There wasn't a single door, window, car, air vent, etc, that wasn't being guarded. Luckily Ash had her contact who had given her a small RSVP letter that she was supposed to show the guard at the front gate. To get in, Ash also had to walk through a metal detector, meaning she couldn't bring any weapons.

The guard looked her up and down, probably trying to figure out why there was a literal teenager standing in front of him, but she had the invite, so he let her in.

The dim lights and loud music reminded Ash of a few princess movies she had seen and she was living for it. However, like always, the mission is more important. Ash had to find her target and assess the situation. One thing Ash did notice was what everyone was wearing. All the ladies were wearing flowy dresses similar to Ash's and all the men were wearing elegant tuxedos. Ash could also make out the silhouette of guns and knives placed on different Hydra agents. Ash knew that since they actually worked at Hydra, they were allowed to bring weapons. Ash's invite merely stated that she was part of some random Hydra family. But this did give her a disadvantage. Everyone in this room was an agent, and they were all armed...

This was going to be a lot harder than she thought.

------

Ash walked around the room for a while, taking in every exit, window, vent, trying to create her plan. She finally reached the back of the room and found a door labeled "Dressing Room."

The only problem was the guard standing right outside the door. Ash didn't want to kill anyone yet, she didn't want every agent in the room on alert. Instead, she opted to go invisible and try to distract the guard. Ash made sure no part of her was visible before grabbing a glass of whisky from a nearby waiter. She walked right up to the guard and poured the contents on his head. It was a nice feeling, watching his face contort in anger. Almost therapeutic. The guard walked to a nearby waiter and angrily grabbed a few napkins to wipe himself off. Ash took this chance and slipped through the door.

Once the door closed behind her, Ash turned visible again. The invisibility was taking up a lot of her energy and she didn't want to use more than she had to. In Front of her was a long hallway with various doors leading to different places. Ash began down the hallway, not knowing which door she was supposed to go into. Oliver hadn't been out at the party, meaning that he had to be back here somewhere right? Ash didn't know.

Ash peeked her head through different doors trying to find the right one. Finally, she reached the end of the hallways only to find a staircase. Ash wasn't sure whether or not she should be doing this so she weighed her options.

On the negative side, Ash was tired, her powers wouldn't be able to help her much, She had no weapons, no backup, no real plan, she had no idea what was up there.

On the plus side, Ash really really really wanted Oliver dead.

With that thought outweighing the others, she made her way up the stairs. The staircase twisted and Ash soon found herself in front of another hallway. Seriously why were there so many hallways like what the heck?!

Ash heard talking and quickly turned invisible, two men walked out of a room and down the hallways, towards Ash, who was holding her breath. Both men were armed which wasn't very good. Ash silently cursed herself for not taking a nap on the jet, now she was so tired she could barely even think straight.

Just get through this mission and then you can go home and fall asleep watching murder mysteries. Or at least, that's what Ash kept telling herself anyway.

As the men walked right past Ash one of them looked around, probably sensing something was wrong. But as he couldn't see anything else in the hallway he shrugged it off and the two kept walking away. Ash froze, looking down, she could see herself becoming visible again, crap, crap, crap, crap. She was too tired for this. To make sure the men didn't turn around and see Ash there she turned to the closest door and rushed inside. Ash closed the door once she was inside and let out a sigh of relief. Her relief quickly faded as she turned around to see a room full of guards all staring at her.

Oh. Shit. 

A/N: 

Why does Ash always get into trouble when she's wearing fancy dresses?