56

Steve's pov:

Steve, Bucky, and Sam had been running around the entire base trying to find these kids. Maya told them that the people on the recording said that the kids were in the basement but Steve couldn't find any doors or staircases that led there.

"Wait Steve-" Steve turned around to find Bucky who was peeking his head through one of the doors. "I found them."

-------

Steve, Sam, and Bucky were currently leading a group of five children down the different hallways. They knew that there had to be more than only five so they had directed Peter and Thor to keep looking. Just as they were exiting the building, Steve heard a small scream from behind him. He tried to turn only to find that there was a barrel of a gun pointed directly at the back of his head by none other than... Oliver Mackento.

Just seeing the man made Steve sick, this man had killed Jackson, tried to kill Ash, multiple times, kidnapped his teammates, killed over 300 men women, and children just to kill Ash, and now he was keeping her God knows where.

Sam and Bucky moved into action, both pointing their own weapon at Oliver who merely grinned slightly.

"Put those down, or I'll shoot" Said Oliver in a calm yet dangerous tone. Steve couldn't help but be reminded of Jack. Sam and Bucky looked at each other for a moment before slowly putting their weapons on the ground. The group of kids with them all seemed terrified of the man that was pointing the gun at the back of Steve's head and Steve couldn't blame them. He was starting to sweat slightly.

"You know what Captain?" asked Oliver happily, which Steve didn't like. "I think I'm gonna shoot you anyway."

Steve heard the gun click, meaning the safety was off and he shut his eyes tightly. He wasn't ready to die, especially not in front of these kids. His breathing caught in his throat and his fists clenched together.

Steve waited for the shot to arrive however it never did. He opened his eyes and turned his head around.

Standing there behind Oliver, with a knife pressed to his throat, was none other than Ashlyn. Her suit was ripped in various places and Steve noticed a few cuts and bruises that hadn't yet healed. There was also blood dripping from one of her ears and her wrist but she was holding the knife steady. She had an extremely pissed-off look on her face which was even enough to send a small shiver down Steve's back.

Oliver seemed taken aback, although he was still pointing his gun at Steve.

"Do it" Ashlyn said dangerously, "See what happens."

Steve let out a breath of relief, he had never been so happy to see someone in his life.

Ashlyn's pov:

The past few days were an absolute blur to Ash. From killing to running, to hunting, to fighting. The whole thing was kinda jumbled in her mind but that was to be expected. Seeing as she didn't eat, drink, or sleep for a few days.

"Do it, I dare you," Ash said dangerously. She finally had Oliver where she wanted him, she wasn't going to waste it.

"Ah, Emerald I didn't-"

"What? Didn't expect to see me?" Ash was in absolutely no mood for his games. "Makes sense seeing as you left me to die by the hands of your children." Oliver seemed to hesitate on something and Ash already knew what he was thinking. "Their deaths are on you."

"You killed them-?" Oliver asked cautiously.

"I killed all of them." Ash paused before continuing, "I wanted you dead and I always get what I want, I'm spoiled like that. I couldn't die before I had your head on a silver platter."

Ash smirked as she heard the sounds of his heart speed up. He was scared and she was enjoying every second of it immensely.

"Tell me, Oliver, am I making you nervous?" She asked smugly although she was extremely pissed off...

"I'm not scared of you," He said confidently although Ash believed differently.

"See your mouth tells me one thing, but your heart is racing, which tells me something else."

Oliver flinched as Ash leaned forward and yanked the gun, that had still been pointed at Steve, out of his hand. She threw it to Bucky, who caught it. She kicked the back of Oliver's leg making him fall to his knees.

"You have so much blood on your hands, you could have been the best, but now you're a monster. There's no coming back from that," he said hurriedly, in a failed attempt to get her to let him go.

Ash scoffed, she WAS the best, obviously.

"I am the best, how else would I manage to defeat every single person you sent to kill me?"

Ash watched him swallow, she was getting very dizzy and honestly just wanted a shower and then a nice cup of hot chocolate or something.

"You were right about one thing, however..." Ash grabbed a handful of his hair and pulled his head back leaving his neck exposed for the knife placed at his throat.

"I have killed so many people, which means.... One more death really wouldn't make a difference would it?"

Oliver was dead before his body hit the ground.

Steve's pov:

It was over

Ash dropped the knife and brushed herself off. Before anyone could say anything Peter and Thor ran out of the building, followed by a small group of children. The other Avengers, who had finished fighting off the agents, came to stand around them. Steve watched as Maya ran forward and embraced Ash in a hug.

"Is that reality stone girl?!" Asked Thor excitedly.

Steve watched, confused as Ash looked at Thor and then smiled a little.

"Thor??" She asked happily. "I thought you were on Asgard.

"I was, but now I'm visiting"

Needless to say, all the Avengers were very confused about this interaction.

A/N: 

YAY! 

Oliver's dead!!! :)