Chapter 19

Valerie walked into the potions room five minutes late, strutting in and smirking at Professor Snape.

His lips twisted into a countering smile. "Your Majesty," he drawled. "Welcome. You are late."

Valerie glared at him. "I know," she droned arrogantly. "I, being the Queen, am aware of what it is to be late."

Snape looked at her, amusement flashing across his black eyes. "Well, then, you should know that I do not tolerate lateness."

"Well too bad I did it intentionally, Professor," she mocked.

"Sit down," he ordered.

Valerie moved to sit near Draco, but the spot was already occupied by Pansy Parkinson, who looked at Valerie with terrified eyes.

Snape raised an eyebrow. "Not there, Your Majesty."

Valerie sent him a glare. "Excuse me?" she questioned challengingly, cocking her head in his direction.

There was a sudden snort of laughter behind her, and Valerie turned around to see Ron Weasley trying very hard to muffle his laughter, disguising it with a cough, his ears pink.

She turned back to Snape.

"You heard me," the Professor droned. "Not near Malfoy."

Valerie advanced up towards him, chuckling lightheartedly. "My dear Professor," she mocked. "Do you really think you have any control over what I do?"

She banged her scepter on the ground, causing some of the students to jump in fright, as they bated their breaths, waiting in anticipation for the diffusion of the tension in the toxic environment.

"Your Majesty, it would be nice if you could act as a normal student for once," Snape said.

"Hmm, let me see," she pretended to think about it. "How about no?" she pouted, in obvious mockery.

Snape slacked his jaw. "Very well," he gave in. "But mind you, only for today. From tomorrow onwards, I will be assigning partners," he added.

With that, Valerie smirked.

"We'll see."

Throwing a thunderous glare at Pansy, who cowered under her gaze, she banged her scepter slightly, causing her books to suddenly appear on the table near Draco's.

Pansy was wearing a heavy amount of scarves around her neck, even though it was quite warm weather, and those who witnessed the show between her and Valerie knew exactly why.

Rumors had spread about what happened, but most weren't even remotely close to the truth. The real reason was that people were too traumatized to speak of it in fear that they would possibly be next to face Valerie's wrath.

Pansy squeaked and hurriedly gathered her books, leaving the space next to Draco open. Valerie sat down with grace and elegance.

Snape begun the lesson by giving a dull repetitive speech.

""Before we begin today's lesson," said Snape, sweeping over to his desk and staring around at them all, "I think it appropriate to remind you that next June you will be sitting an important examination, during which you will prove how much you have learned about the composition and use of magical potions. Moronic though some of this class undoubtedly are, I expect you to scrape an 'Acceptable' in your O.W.L., or suffer my . . . displeasure."