Chapter 2- The Assignment

Start from the beginning

I'm safe. I look out and noticed it's dark outside.. how long was I out? I feel a pang of pain hit me as I try to stand up. Right the lasers... forgot about that. I noticed I'm all bandaged up and seem to have been changed into my night gown. I laugh silently, they know me so well.

I look over at the clock. Midnight, guess I was knocked out pretty long.

I wrap my robe around me and decide to go check up on Alex. Alex, my light and joy. The only living thing that I love in this world. I hate that he has to have me as a mother.. he doesn't know anything right now, but he soon will and it's not long before he'll begin to hate me.

I open the door to his bedroom expecting to find him asleep, but instead he's sitting on his small table doodling on a piece of paper. His eyes light up when he see's me.

"Mommy!" My six year old son jumps up and runs towards me. I hold him close to me and kiss the top of his head.

"It's a little late to be off coloring, don't you think." I tell him quietly.

He shrugs. "I couldn't sleep." He begins. "Jesse and Siena were rushing you in and you were bleeding. A lot."

I didn't want Alex to see me like this. I have to have a talk with them about this.

"It wasn't anything serious-" I begin before he cut me off.

"I thought you were dead." He chokes out. "You weren't moving or waking up. I was so scared. I don't wanna loose you."

I'm a horrible person, I'm a monster. I hate myself for putting so much fear on my little boy.

"You're never going to loose me," I say as I look at him and hold his face. "I'm afraid that it's going to be me that's going to loose you one day though." I say with tears in my eyes.

Alex shakes his head as his blue eyes sparkle in the moon light. "You'll never loose me." He whispers as he kisses my head like I had just done to him. He runs to retrieve his paper that he was drawing on and says,"I know it's not as beautiful nor as valuable as all those paintings around the house, but this is a way so you'll know I'm always with you."

Alex hands me the paper, and it is for sure it's not those million-worth paintings, it's a billion times better. It's a drawing of me and him, in a far away place, as he calls it. Away from everything.

"I love it!" I exclaim full-heartily. "More than any painting in the world!"

He smiles and I pull him into a hug. I'm nothing without him. He's the only reason I'll keep fighting to stay alive, if he dies  then so will I.

~ Nick's POV ~

It's been three days since The Outlaw has yet again escaped, and since they know she's in the area, policemen, agents, detectives are searching every where for her.

It's not fair. She's done so many horrible things, yet nothing bad EVER happens to her. She's basically living the dream life of any criminal out there. For some stupid reason they respect her. For what though? The fact that we've been tracking this girl down since she was what? Twelve? Thirteen? Fourteen?

Is it because of her riches and power? Is it because those little minions of hers treat her like she was some sort of Goddess? I swear you'd think that because they're criminals that they wouldn't give a shit about anyone else but themselves. But these lost puppies are so willing to give up their OWN LIVES for her. It's sick.

I can't wait for the day that she is put behind bars. Even then that wouldn't be compared to everything she has done. All the lives she's stolen. The innocent souls who happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. My sister.. Jazz.. she didn't deserve this. She was so young, so beautiful, and it just isn't fair. I hate The OutLaw, I can't wait until she's sentenced to death.