Chapter Two | Guinevere Grace

"It was awful!" Guinevere groaned as she threw herself down on the bed. Draco was chuckling, more than she'd ever heard him laugh before. She huffed as he joined her at the edge of the silk sheets. "I don't think I'll ever live it down."

"Well, what did you expect?" He glanced at her, struggling to keep the smirk from upturning his lips.

"I obviously did not expect your father to be home, Draco." Mortified did not even begin to cover how she'd felt. After Lucius had spent about a minute clearing his throat and attempting to speak to her without laughing, he'd shown her to the drawing-room and sent the house-elves up with some tea, leaving her in peace. She spent most of the time attempting to cool down from the warming charm and trying to stop shaking. The whole exchange would be sure to haunt Guievere's nightmares or her dreams. Hopefully not the latter.

"Well, I'm home now." Draco captured her lips in a searing kiss before leaning down to grab a bottle of Firewhiskey from the bedside table. "Let's celebrate, shall we?"

"Celebrate what?" She inquired.

"Well, you're my new stepmother now. It's all quite lovely ." Guinevere smacked him on the shoulder as he rose from the bed to grab a pair of crystal tumblers. "The old man has been lonely ever since Mother left him. It's nice." His laughter echoed throughout the bedroom.

"I don't know how you can find this so funny, Draco. I almost flashed your father, for Merlin's sake!" She was still in her tightly-tied jacket, which was floor-length and pulled in at the waist. It was almost cutting off her circulation at this point, but she couldn't bring herself to take it off.

"G, calm down will you?"

Guinevere hated when he called her 'G'. She had spent her life with nicknames and pet names instead of the name that she loved. The name that her parents had blessed her with. People never knew how to pronounce it and they were adamant that it was easier to shorten it. Most people didn't even ask her first. She suddenly recalled Lucius drawling her name and she shook her head, trying to bring herself out of her thoughts.

"Don't call me G." She snapped as Draco handed her a glass. She brought it to her lips and swallowed it in one burning mouthful, before shaking it before him. She needed a lot of alcohol to stop herself from thinking about her interaction with Mr Malfoy. Lucius. Instead of filling her glass again, Draco snatched it from her grasp and threw it behind him, with no regard for his surroundings.

"Are you going to let me see what's under your coat, or are you going to sulk all night?" He arched an eyebrow and brought his hands to each end of the knotted belt. "You look fucking beautiful G... Guinevere." He placed a kiss on her forehead and held her close against him as he untied the belt. When the coat opened, he dropped it from around her shoulders and took a step back.

"It was meant to be a surprise," She muttered as his eyes glazed over, working their way over my body. His pupils were pure black with lust. He made a play to grab her wand from its garter, but Guinevere quickly swatted his hand away. "Draco! Don't touch my wand." She bit her tongue as he looked at her closely, questioning her anger.

"I don't think I'm in the mood anymore." She sighed.

"Are you serious?" She nodded sheepishly. "Are you really this shaken up from that stupid interaction with my father? You're an adult Guinevere, so is he. Grow up." He brought his lips to her neck and one of his hands palmed her breast roughly as the other reached to squeeze her arse. Guinevere found herself relaxing into him before she remembered herself. Anger coursed through her veins as she pushed him away.

"I said, I'm not in the fucking mood," She snarled.

Picking her coat up from the ground, she positioned it tightly around herself, and left the room, making her way back to the foyer. Guinevere would have much rather apparated from his room, but the wards ensured that there was only one apparition point in the manor. Draco called her name as she fled and she raced down the stairs, wiping her tears, before finding herself back beside the grandfather clock. It was almost Midnight now. A night wasted.

She shook her head gently and prepared to apparate with a steady stream of tears wetting her cheeks. She looked back to the staircase to see Lucius staring at her, with an expression she couldn't quite read. He nodded to her as she left and when she arrived back in her flat, she found herself gasping for air, clutching her table to keep herself steady.

Fire felt as though it was engulfing her limbs and she threw her coat from her back before running into the bathroom. Coldwater pounded the floor of the shower as she stepped back into it and let the water cool her down. Her breath returned and she brought her hands to her hair as she slumped to the ground.

What was wrong with her?