Library Rendezvous | male!Hermione/female!Draco

╔ ———————————— ╗
Library Rendezvous
Hermes/Iris
╚ ———————————— ╝

≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪

Summary: Hermes Granger just wanted to finish his homework in peace but of course, she always had to ruin his plans. Dramione Genderswap. 
Hermione as Hermes Granger; Draco as Iris Malfoy 
Rating: A hard T, I guess 
Warnings: Some cussing, innuendos

≫≫∘❁♥❁∘≪≪

Eighth Year Hermes Granger frowned as he reread another item on his Ancient Runes homework that did not make sense. Blindly patting the top of the library table for his Ancient Runes book, he mentally reread the sentence again, this time slowly trying to digest each runic number in case he had missed something.

As he quickly browsed through his textbook, he could already imagine Harry and Ron cackling madly at the background, pointing out for the umpteenth time it was ridiculous for him to opt to return to Hogwarts for his eighth year when Ministry doors graciously opened for him. Both of his best friends chose to take up Auror training whilst he decided he wanted to return to Hogwarts to at least earn his NEWTS. The blokes tried to cajole him to join them in the ministry, but they knew once Hermes Granger put his mind into something, nobody could do anything to change it.

"Aha," he softly exclaimed, finally pointing out where he went wrong. He reached out for his red inkwell, still not looking up from his parchment.

Suddenly, a loud scraping noise across his table startled him, managing to knock off the red inkwell. Scowling, he watched as the red ink seeped into the cracks on his table and proceeded to glare at his noisy visitor.

Iris Malfoy, still clad in her Slytherin Quidditch robes, greeted him with a glare. Her glorious long, blonde hair was held neatly into a French braid and for a moment, Hermes stared. Iris always wore her hair down, hair that almost reached her lower back. This was a nice change.

"Hello," he amicably greeted after getting over his initial irritation. He grabbed his wand from the table and waved the mess away. The red ink siphoned back into its inkwell and was good as new.

"You weren't in the Quidditch match," she pointedly snarled.

Hermes lifted an eyebrow at her ire. "I did tell you I don't plan on watching at all," he calmly reminded, unperturbed by glare. Merlin, he'd been the receiving end of such tantrums for the past few years. Truth be told, he was growing a little immune to her little outbursts. True, it evoked equivalent ire from her in the past but recently... well, she did look a little adorable.

Smiling silently to himself, he knew she would have a fit for being described as such. Hermes once pointed out she reminded him of Crookshanks. Cranky and snarly on the outside but once he gave them his famous warm hugs, they would soon mellow down. Iris Malfoy didn't particularly like being likened to his ugly half-Kneazle. Still, the resemblance was stupidly uncanny.

"What are you smirking at?" she snapped, scowling at the expression on his face.

Said smile fell from his face as Hermes sighed. "Iris," he said, the corners of his mouth twitching at how she stiffened a little at his use of her first name. She had always, always been Malfoy to him until recently, of course. How could he still call her 'Malfoy' after everything they'd been through in the past few months? "I told you I don't like Quidditch at all."

"Granger," she whined, "stop being such a swot sometimes and have some House spirit."

"By watching Quidditch?" he asked, lifting an eyebrow. There were other methods of showing House spirit, such as earning points for answering a question.