Chapter 18 - Wang Ci

Start from the beginning

Xie Sui's eyes were serious as he looked at him, "You're going to sleep in the first class?"

Song Yu murmured, "There's no need to listen to her nonsense."

The first part of that evening's self-study session was taken up by Ou Yilian's narcissistic speech.

The bell that signaled the end of class rang. Teacher Ou stopped talking about the nth student's achievements and how they'd come to thank her many years later. She stood there on the platform, cleared her throat, and said, "In the first month, I won't arrange your seats for you. You can sit with whoever you want to sit with. I'll make new arrangements after the monthly exam results come out. Alright, class is over. Everyone should go back and get some rest first."

She did manage to do one good thing. She let them pick their own desk mates.

During this class, Song Yu had a dream. It wasn't a very good one.

The scenes were strange and dazzling, yet cold and bloody.

A nameless island, lonely and gloomy like a cage, and then the endless blue sky and ocean.

There was a man leaning on a yacht, his windbreaker fluttering around him like a white gull. The damp, salty wind blew through the messy black hair over his forehead, and his deep peach blossom eyes were cold and fickle.

Someone in the boat seemed to be in a hurry as they rushed out.

The man had a gun in his hand, his expression careless and casual.

Then, glass shattered and stabbed straight at the heart.

There was gunfire, the sea breeze, shouting.

Blood, wind, incredulous eyes.

The scene froze on a corner of the man's bored and disgusted smile. He turned around and jumped into the sea, his back figure natural and sharp.

Song Yu woke up abruptly. After class was over, class one was noisy and lively. The girls were laughing and chatting, and the boys were playing games together.

Behind him, Ma Xiaoding valiantly tried to find a common topic with Xi Bowen, "Oh, you even like to recite poems. I think I've learned this poem before, 'Ten years, dead and living dim and draw apart. I don't try to remember, but forgetting is hard.. Golden mink fur hat, a thousand horses across Pinggang. Right?!"

Xi Bowen: "??? There doesn't seem to be a problem, but I keep feeling that it's not right. Did you memorize it wrong."

Ma Xiaoding: "Impossible! It rhymes!"

Human chatter and life was all around him. Song Yu's confused eyes soon cleared up.

The wind blowing in from the window gave him a little sense of reality. He bowed his head and looked down at his hands, an oppressive depression that couldn't be relieved circling around in his heart.

Just now, the person he'd dreamed of should be Xie Sui.

In the book, Xie Sui, who'd ended up imprisoned on a deserted island and had the pride in his bones broken down... He'd already dropped the novel by the time he'd reached that point. So, did this mean that Xie Sui had used a gun and killed the three scum? Or, was this the ending that he wanted.

"Xie Sui." Song Yu's throat was a little dry. He subconsciously turned his head but found that Xie Sui wasn't currently in his seat.

Ma Xiaoding heard him call out and said, "Brother Yu, Xie Sui was called to the office."

Song Yu nodded.

Song Yu lowered his gaze and rubbed at his temples.

At this time, a figure suddenly loomed over from above him as a group of people came around to stand in front of him.