Chapter 72.2 - 008

A/N: AHEM! So I made a mistake about the chapters earlier. This is actually the chapter that I meant to post (• ▽ •;) Sorry for that tiny error guys!

Anyways, Thank youuuu to the readers who informed me through the comments! (/^-^(^ ^*)/

Enjoy Reading! (´∩。• ᵕ •。∩')

The ambiguous atmosphere between them became as thin as a piece of paper, but no one pierced it.

They interacted the same way as usual at home. Xie Sui’s behavior was very natural; it was as though he was patiently accommodating him.

Song Yu was completely confused. He even turned to Song Wanying, who was on her honeymoon, for advice on this matter, explaining the situation with a mixture of half-truths and lies.

Song Wanying couldn’t stop laughing, “They’re already living in your house—if it’s not a romantic relationship, then what is it? Don’t think about it so much. Go to her room tonight and settle the relationship.”

Song Yu: “…… Forget it.”

When there was a vacation at the company, Song Yu proposed going to Jing City with Xie Sui.

In fact, his entire heart was filled with unease when he asked this question. He wanted to learn more about Xie Sui, but he also knew that Xie Sui’s youth hadn’t been a beautiful one. Jing City may be a nightmare memory for him.

He looked tentatively at Xie Sui, his gaze bumping into a pair of lacquer black eyes that held a smile within.

The man across from him laughed and said, “Okay.”

The corners of Song Yu’s lips kicked up happily.

He followed Xie Sui’s life path and saw everything, starting from Lianyun Street to Jingcheng No.1 High. No.1 High’s school gate had been renovated, and the outer wall had been repainted to cover up the old graffiti.

Xie Sui’s former classroom had already been abandoned.

It was just that, in every place, there was nothing worth remembering for him.

Song Yu sometimes felt that he could see that silent, lonely, and dreary teenager from over ten years ago when he walked across the playground.

His grandmother lived in Jing City.

When they went to stay for a day and visit, the elderly woman greeted them with eyes that were red with excitement. After half a beat, she smiled, shook off her tears, and invited them in

Summers in Jing City were hot during the day and cool at night.

Grandma Meng had gotten older and liked to listen to plays. While they were waiting for dinner, <The Unicorn Purse> was playing on TV. The sounds of singing were gentle and long.

Song Yu sat on the sofa and remained in a daze for a long time. Suddenly, he sat up straight, as though taken over by something, and tilted his head to say, “If you’d told me back then when you moved to Jing City with Aunt Xu, I probably would’ve followed.”

Xie Sui never liked to hypothesize, but this time, he only smiled lightly and went with his words, “Mm.”

Song Yu continued, “Then, my mother probably would’ve agreed. After all, my grandmother is here.”

Xie Sui: “Yes.”

Song Yu was also amused by his own childish ideas. He joked, “Then, I would transfer to your school, transfer to your class, and become your desk mate.”