10. Ruoye and E-Ming

Today was just like any other day in the Puqi shrine. The warm rays of the sun streamed in through the window and the cracks in the wall to where two bodies lay tangled on the straw mattress.

Hua Cheng's deep laughter rang through the thin walls, Xie Lian blushed and buried his face in his chest, taking in the smell- of sandalwood and vanilla. It was one of those quiet, lazy mornings when they would lie in each other's embrace, not a care in the world. However, the peace was broken by a sudden gasp outside, followed by the sound of footsteps.

A frown crossed Hua cheng's face, quite disappointed at this interruption.

"It is very unlikely for Puqi shrine to get any visitors, that also this early", Xie Lian remarked.

He got up and brushed off the dust from his clothes, Hua cheng followed. However, the latter seemed to be searching for something - more specifically his scimitar which had been carelessly discarded the night before. Looking down at his arms Xie Lian noted that Ruoye was missing too. They both shared a look of concern before stepping out.

And, lo behold! There stood Ruoye, transformed into a human form- his hair white and long, watching the human form of E-Min skipping around the garden, picking up white daisies. E-Ming, in this form, was shorter than Hua cheng and had his hair was closely cropped giving him a boyish charm, Ruoye seemed quite alike to what Xie Lian had looked during his teenage years except for the hair color.

Seeing their masters arrive, they both promptly turned towards them. Ruoye bowed to both of them, choosing to remain silent. E-Ming's lone red eye stared at them for a while before he ran over to Xie Lian, stretching out his hands and pouring the flowers into his hand. Hua Cheng let out a low growl and Xie Lian laughed nervously. Some of the flowers fell off and he hastily set them aside only to be hugged by E-Ming. Although he was a child, his grip on Xie Lian's waist was firm and on top of that, he kept rubbing his face on his stomach.

Hua Cheng cursed under his breath and pulled Xie Lian towards himself while prying off E-Ming's fingers

"You piece of shit! What gives you the right to touch his Highness?"

" You can touch him so why can't I!?" E-Ming whined back.

"Aha San Lang, it is really okay. " Xie Lian tried to calm him down, "he can hug me if he wants."

Hua Cheng was about to complain but a quick peck from Xie Lian stopped him. Turning to E-Ming, he lovingly patted the matted hair.

E-Ming finally decided to let go; looking up at Xie Lian he said," Gege Gege! I want kisses too!"

Hua Cheng looked ready to kill E-Ming on the spot. Stuck between Hua Cheng's glare and E-Ming's puppy eyes, Xie Lian did not know whether to laugh or cry. Thankfully Ruoye came to the rescue. He pealed E-Ming off Xie Lian. E-ming seemed to be on the verge of tears and Ruoye tried to coax him, " E-Ming, our masters are busy. Why don't you let them work for some time."

Hua Cheng was eternally grateful to Ruoye. Why can't you be mature like him !!

"Then can Ruoye gege kiss me?"

Hua Cheng's nails dug so deep into his palm that it would have drawn out non-existent blood if Xie Lian hadn't pulled him into the hut, saying soothing words to calm him down.

Ruoye blushed at E-Ming's request but in the end, he bent down slightly and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, which promptly flared up into a shade of crimson making Ruoye smile.

"What do you want to do?" Ruoye asked.

"I want to play!"

"Play what?"

"I don't know...", E-Ming replied.

Ruoye sighed. " how about we Swing?", Ruoye suggested.

The bright look that crossed his eyes was answer enough. They set out to gather supplies. E_ming started chopping the wood into thin cubical slices with his bare arms and surprising even Ruoye.

"You are very strong ", he commented. E-Ming grinned at him and said," But Ruoye Gege is stronger making him blush."

Ruoye gathered some roped in his arms and started building the rest of the swing because apparently, E-Ming wasn't good at making stuff. Once he was done, he beckoned the other to come and sit. E-Ming came over excitedly, but asked," Won't Gege swing?"

"Hush", Ruoye said," Let me push you."

The courtyard was filled with his laughter and with every shout of joy, Ruoye found himself giggling. The swing didn't last for long and soon they were rolling in the dirt. It hadn't been long since they transformed and were yet to get fully accustomed to their human forms so they became tired quickly. E-Ming shifted towards Ruoye and hesitantly rested his head on his shoulder. Ruoye lovingly glanced at the young boy before gently placing his own head on top of the others.

It was night-time when Xie Lian shook them both awoke and took them inside.

"You two transformed because of some energy discrepancies in mount Taicang", Hua Cheng said, and then turning towards E-Ming he continued" Don't get any ideas. You will be back again tomorrow."

His tone was laced with threat which made E-Ming hide behind Ruoye.

"San Laang!" Xie Lian chided.

Hua Cheng pouted and said innocently," I want Gege to only pay attention to me".

Xie Lian sighed and scooted over to Hua Cheng capturing his lips with his own. Hua Cheng melted into the kiss and pulled him closer by the waist. The only reason they broke apart was that Xie Lian was embarrassed to kiss in front of two other people.

Since none of them were hungry, they decided to skip dinner and head for the bed.

"I want to sleep beside Gege and Ruoye Gege ! " E-ming piped in, earning a glare from Hua Cheng. After sharing a persuasive glance with Hua Cheng, Xie Lian acceded to the request.

Ruoye said quietly, looking at Hua Cheng," Does that mean I can sleep beside .." he didn't bother finishing the sentence. But Hua Cheng flashed him a sincere smile and hummed in agreement.

And that is how they ended up on the floor of the Puqi shrine, lying on a large straw mat. E-Ming's limbs were draped over Xie Lian, his face buried in his chest. Beside him lay Ruoye, who hesitantly turned over to Hua Cheng, unsure of what was considered appropriate. Hua Cheng chuckled softly and pulled him into a warm hug, making him blush.

In the middle of the night later, E-Ming turned around in his sleep and started spooning Ruoye, who turned towards him and pulled him to his chest, burying his nose in E-Ming's hair and releasing a contented sigh. E-Ming's smiled and cheerfulness always made him feel happy.

Their masters will be still awake and they smiled at each other upon seeing how close their weapons were. Each embracing the other's spiritual weapon, they intertwined their fingers and fell into a peaceful slumber.

The next morning, they were back in their usual forms again, and much to his reluctance, Ruoye had to uncoil himself from E-Ming and wrap himself in Xie Lian's arm again. E-Ming was back at Hua Cheng's waist again and Xie Lian was the only reason he wasn't swatted or punished by Hua Cheng.

A/N-I'm back bishes. Here, have some Ruoyes and E-Ming fluff. Tell me what u think of this chapter. If u have any suggestions OR requests let me know iN The comments.

<3