Peter's pov:

Peter watched as she laughed slightly, although Peter didn't find it remotely funny. If he had been in that situation, he didn't know what he would've done.

"Well I'm glad you're back" Peter couldn't stop the words before they left his mouth, although he did mean them. Ash stopped laughing and smiled slightly, Peter liked when she did that.

"Yeah, me too."

There was a few minutes of silence after that although it wasn't uncomfortable. Peter half expected her to say she was going to sleep but she didn't. Although he would never bring it up, part of him thought it was because she might be getting nightmares. He suddenly had a very good idea and he mentally slapped himself for not thinking of it earlier.

He stood up very suddenly and Ash just looked up at him.

"Follow me, I want to show you something." She hesitated before standing up as well.

"If this is some kind of trick Parker, I'm gonna kill you"

Peter just chuckled.

--------

The elevator doors opened to reveal the balcony of the tower. It was a very open area and it had an amazing view of the city and the stars. Peter often came here when he wasn't able to sleep and he knew that some of the others did too. Peter walked up to the edge and dangled his legs off the side. Ash walked to where he was but she remained standing. Peter was half worried that she would accidentally slip.

"Don't fall," He said and she shook her head with a small smile.

"Nothing I haven't done before"

It took Peter a minute to remember the time she had straight up jumped out the window.

"We couldn't find you, how'd you do that?" He was impressed by her past dramatic exit. Ash just smiled and shrugged.

"I'll never tell."

She sat down next to him and shivered slightly as a gust of wind passed them. Without thinking, Peter removed his Midtown hoodie and handed it to her. She hesitated at first but after a moment she took it and put it on. Peter smiled, it looked good on her.

Ashlyn's pov:

Out of the corner of her eye Ash watched as Peter removed his hoodie.

What she didn't expect was for him to offer it to her. Ash wanted to remind him that she could easily give herself one and that she didn't need his but something stopped her. She took the hoodie and put it on, it was very comfortable.

Ash sighed and looked up at the stars, they were very visible from up here. Ash had been on her fair share of rooftops at night but it was usually for a mission and she wouldn't have time to admire the view. Now, however, her mission was complete. Oliver was dead, it was over. Ash smiled at that thought although part of her was yelling at herself not to be so naive,

it was never really over, not for her anyway. Always another mission, another job that needed completing.

What was going to happen now?

Her relationship with the Avengers was complicated but they weren't enemies.

Why was she even here?

Tony hadn't even bothered asking where she lived, he just brought her here like it was a normal thing.

What did that mean?

Steve had tried to ground her, even telling her that he could be her dad. Ash wasn't sure how she felt about that. Saying she "didn't have to stay hidden anymore."

How was she supposed to feel about that?

Ash was brought out of her argument with herself when Peter cleared his throat. She looked at him and by the suddenly worried expression he was wearing, she guessed that the look on her face was something other than calm.

"Are you okay?" He asked carefully.

Ash sighed. She had so many questions but they could wait for tomorrow.

For now, they were safe, and that was all that mattered.

Peter's pov:

"Are you okay?" He asked her carefully

She sighed but then nodded.

Peter wanted to do it-

Maybe?

He wasn't honestly sure

He had always been pretty shy but...

Now was his chance

He took a deep breath and before he could stop himself-

"Hey, Ash?"

"Yeah, Peter?" 

"Would you maybe like to... go out sometime?" 

A/N: 

I just realized.... 

the story is almost over.... 

hope y'all have been enjoying it!