Prologue

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

WARNINGS: Minor Swearing, Blood, Mentions of Death

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/n) — Age 16 — Some random mountain — Mid-Spring

Deja vu hit (Y/n) like a ton of Rengoku's swings when she dragged herself to a tree and stood herself up, sword in hand. It had been eight years since Shinjuro picked her and Ryuko from their hollowed-out house and threw them into Shinobu's. When she had miraculously survived a demon attack at the age of eight. She remembered when she had run and had to prop herself against a tree with a rusty dagger as her only weapon. Ryuko was only five then.

Yeah, well I could really use some of that miracle right about now.

She now watched her brother jump in and out of this demon's range, barely making it by.

Ugh, damn it, help him out!

The girl forced herself up, cringing for a moment at the gash near her stomach, and ran back into the frenzy. "Hey, Ryu-chan!"

"Kind of a–" Ryuko back flipped back, repositioned, and flew back towards the monster with some Wind Breathing technique. "--bad time right now!" It ripped right through its abdomen, but the damage meant little to a 12 kizuki.

Lower Moon three.

"Would you two just shut up!" screeched the demon. "All your excessive barking is making my head spin!" It pulled back its hand as it reformed into a gooey-like whip, then cracked it down upon the earth, sending shockwaves that forced (Y/n) and Ryuko back.

Ryuko got right back up. "Hey!" He rammed forwards and struck from the side, but his form was so sloppy and the demon too fast. "That's my line, stupid monster!"

"Monster? The audacity!" The demon appeared behind the boy. " Now just your presence is making me want to vomit, so would you just die already!" This time, the whip swept across the land and Ryuko just about managed to jump high enough to avoid injury, while (Y/n) ducked low for the same result. Ryuko raced around with his speed before returning to his sister's side.

"Shit, I don't know how long I can keep this up." Ryuko eyed his sister who was clenching her wound. "I'm losing a lot of blood. Damn it, I forgot to wrap it when I should've."

"Yeah, real stupid of you," he said through his labored breaths.

"Shut up."

"You little bastards better get back here! Just knowing you're still alive squirming is about to make me pass out!" The two were far enough away from the demon's range, but they still felt the wind of an attack, just barely it grazed their hair.

"Let's try it, Ryu."

"Absolutely not, we haven't performed it eno–" Ryuko was sent flying when the demon's whip flung him into the distance, so far (Y/n) couldn't even hear his landing. Not again... It was like history was repeating itself. Events just like this... eight years ago.

With the demon moon distracted with Ryuko, (Y/n) took the time to wrap her wound with, sadly, her haori. My beautiful, gorgeous haori. I am sorry. She hissed against the pain and cringed at the sound of squeezing her wound close. But despite the covered wound, blood-soaked right through and continued dripping on the ground, and after trying to get up, the girl still had trouble doing so.

"Kaichi-sama!" Just then, four or maybe five figures came running up to (Y/n).

Have my prayers been answered?