Ash and Bonnie

"C'mon, idiot, pick up!" 

I shook my phone, as if that would make my jerk boyfriend pick up. Here I was, booking super expensive tickets to a band he likes, and he has the audacity to not pick up?! I growl. 

Stomping outside, I make the short journey to his apartment. Neglecting to knock, I shout, "Ash! Let's go!"
"Hang on, Mar-mar, come look at this!"

Striding into the kitchen I see a tall, lanky, ashen-skinned man presenting a fancy-looking computer. "Look, look," he beckons. "I made a program for you!" he types a few keys, and a tilting voice sings I love you, Jessica! I gasp.

"No, no wrong one," Ash says, typing a few more keys. The same voice sings, I love you Marceline! "Jessica's my...sister."

Idiot. He knows damn well I know he's an only child. I decide to leave it...for now.

"Where'd you get that? You're broke, Ash."

"Oh, I know," he grins, "But I bought it from that black market!"

I sit straighter in surprise, "Where'd you get the money?"

"Oh, that teddy bear that mental dude gave you! It got me so much money cuz it's like a thousand years old."

"..." I find it hard to process this, "you...cheated on me...then...sold...Hambo...to...a...BLACK MARKET!?" I scream.

"Now, I know it seems bad bu-" I can't bear to listen to one more second of his voice.

"IT'S OVER YOU PSYCHO!"

I storm out, tears streaming down my face. It shows how little I actually care for Ash that the tears are for my now long-lost teddy, Hambo. 

"Oh, Simon..." I whisper, hunched under a bus stop, "If only you were here, Simon Petrikof, who knew every words to the grape soda jingle..." As if answering me, I hear him.

"Marceline..." He says, and it's not the gravely notes of the dementia-ridden Captain Petrikof, but the sweet calming melody of my old friend, "He was a butt! You need to forget about him! Go to the concert, Marceline my sweet, and find a cute girl!

"What?" I laugh.

"Did I say girl? I meant boy! Boyfriend! Dang, I blew it."

It's not like I hadn't heard Simon in my head before, but it's always invigorating when I do. His gender mix-up already forgotten, I grab my coat and hail a taxi. I was going to enjoy this concert.

**********************************************************************

As cheering erupts, I rub my ears. As the lead in a genuine rock band, I can officially say the last five songs were terrible. I need air and calm. 

I sit outside the concert room, twirling a cigarette in my hand. I quit a while ago, but I think I deserve it after I broke up with Ash. Still, I put it back for now.

Suddenly, a shadow appears at my side and I jump. Turning, I see a sweet-looking woman, with light skin and baby-pink hair. She wears a white tank-top and red shorts that expose a lot of skin. I stare in wonder before blushing with embarrassment.

"Sorry," she says, "It's just I saw you go outside and thought I might join you. The music is...interesting, to say the least."

"Oh, right," I say laughing, "If interesting means appalling!"

"My brother's the lead singer and guitarist," the woman says softly.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I say, once again embarrassed. Did I just ruin my chance with a really cute girl? 

Wait...what?

"No, it's ok. I know he isn't as talented as he thinks." the pink lady laughs and I join in. I can see the resemblance between the siblings now. The brother, I remember, has hot-pink hair and clothes of the same, yet variating, hues. Definitely siblings. 

The lady sits next to me and pulls out a peppermint lollipop. Sucking on it, she looks out on the rainy road, cars speeding past us. 

"I'm gonna go get my umbrella. Be back soon."

I sit in silence as I watch a car slow down and eventually stop. The window rolls down and a bald man sticks his head out. He catcalls.

"Hey, you're a fine-lookin chick. C'mon, get in here and I can show you a good time." he winks and whistles again. I decline. "What, you think you're so high and mighty? C'mon lady." He starts opening the car door. Though I keep a poker face, my heart starts pounding.

"Hey, are you deaf? She said no." The pink lady is back, wielding her umbrella like a sword. The man ignores her, reaching out for me. She promptly hits him around the head. 

As he scuttles back to his car, the woman laughs and takes a seat next to me. 

"Bonnibel Bubblegum. Strange name I know. Just call me Bonnie" She holds out her hand.

"Marceline Abadeer." I shake it.

"Tell me, Marceline, are you seeing anyone?" Bonnie ask slyly.

"It's a fact I broke up with him today..." I grin.

"I'll meet you at the chess games in Central Park then?" she says, writing her number down.

"I daresay you will." I answer to her retreating back. I stare at the number for a while, then grab it. Sod sexuality, that girl's hot.

Heyo!
This is my second Bubbline fanfic, first is called Sour Candy, please check it out! So if you have an idea for a short please put it in the comments (include the basic plot and time line, e.g modern-day humans or Ooo or anything in between) and I will DEFINITELY get back to you and do it bc nothing makes me happier than people reading my books EEEEEEEE!

Luv ya!

Sad Marceline Simp