Love and War(Jaime POV)

Start from the beginning

"Alive. Thanks to me and Tyrion. But she will never be the same after what we both had to endure", she replied and I raised one eyebrow. What did she mean by that? What did Cercei and Joffrey do?

"Joffrey was always unhinged, but I didn't think to this point. To the point where he had his Kingsguard beat us in front of the court or take us up to see our father's head on a spike", she explained, looking anywhere but me.

I stopped breathing.

He did what?

How could I have fathered a son like that? Was it Cercei's fault? Or mine?

"I am so sorry you had to go through that, my lady", whispered Brienne.

"You shouldn't be sorry. Joffrey will be", she spat and walked faster.

Hours passed as we walked in silence. I kept glancing at Audelia but she never acknowledged me. I could understand that. My family did unspeakable things to her, and her family. We are destroying her family, and her most of all. And I felt enormous guilt for that.

But as was our luck, it began raining. Hard.

"Here, get under here", I offered as I unwrapped my cloak. Audelia hesitated but then as she got more and more soaked, she agreed.

She was shivering, and so cold. I just wanted to wrap my arms around her and warm her up. But I knew she wouldn't want that. She was angry with me. Why couldn't one thing go according to plan?

"Just so you don't get any ideas. I find you repulsive, like on a chemical level", she whispered to me and looked away. I smirked at her words. She was fierce. I liked that in women.

In that moment, I realized that I was falling for her. Hard. 

I imagined a future together. I mean, our kids would be beautiful. A daughter that looked like me but sounded like her, and a boy that looked like her, but sounded like me. I felt sadness fall over me. And my heart clenched. That would never be a reality. 

"Our babies would be smart and beautiful-", I whispered and then stopped. I just said that out loud. Seven Hells. Can I get even more pathetic?

Is this what being in love was like? 

Then I didn't want it.

"Not to mention imaginary", she bit back, crossing her arms across her chest. I laughed at her words, although they were the complete truth. 

"Must you speak your mind quite so mercilessly at every opportunity?", I asked sarcastically and she send me a look of annoyance.

"Sometimes, I am so frustrated-", she began but I interrupted her.

"Sexually? Because I can help", I flirt and she narrowed her eyes at me before hitting me hard with her elbow into my chest. The air went out of me and I groaned.

She is stronger than she looks.

"Shut up", she sneered at turned away. I looked over, seeing Brienne already watching us with a somewhat amused expression. We were sitting under a tree and Brienne was sitting under the neighbouring tree. The rain did not seem to stop for the while we sat under them, so I decided to strike up a conversation once more. I enjoyed teasing her, it was always amusing to watch her reactions.

"Do you think she can sense our sexual tension?", I asked, continuing to toy with her.

"Wouldn't I be able to sense it as well?", she asked back with the most innocent fake expression she could.

We sat there for a while, just waiting for the rain to stop. It was only getting harder to the point where I could barely see Brienne. It could be my moment to run, but Audelia was by my side, sitting right next to me. Her small, fragile, warm body slumped against my strong, muscular body. I couldn't leave her. Not again.