Chapter One

"Do you consider yourself a dark side or a light side?"

Five words that stung more than Roman could ever imagine.  Dark side or light side?  Virgil tensed up at the question.  How was he supposed to respond to that?

"F*** off, b****," Virgil said, before sinking down into his room and locking the door.  He sat against it and cried for who knows how long.

Meanwhile, in the common area, Roman could feel the intensity of Patton and Logan's glares.  "What'd I say?" He asked.  He didn't get it.  How could such a casual question result in that kind of reaction?

"Roman, Kiddo..." Patton said.  "You have to understand that that's a sensitive topic.  It's like if Virgil were to bring up your brother."

"I- I hadn't thought about it like that."

"Therefore," Logan added.  "There could be many things that that question could have reminded Virgil of, or even made him feel like how he was treated when he was a dark side."

"Oh.  Maybe I should go say sorry then..."

"Yeah," Patton agreed.  "You'd better go do that."

Roman stood up and walked up the stairs to Virgil's room, feeling the guilt rise up.  He knocked on the door.

"Hey, Virgil?"

"Go away, Princey," he heard Virgil respond from the other side of the door.  'Is he crying?'

"Can I come in?"

"I said GO AWAY, Roman!" Virgil responded harshly, subconsciously distorting his voice.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you.  Can we please talk about this?" Roman asked.  "I- I want to know what I said wrong."

"Since when do you care?"  Virgil had a point.  Roman had only ever been mean to Virgil, how should he expect Virgil to believe him now?

Roman stood in silence for a few moments, as Virgil waited for an answer.  Finally, Roman spoke up, accepting his defeat.

"Okay, I'll leave you alone for now.  I really a sorry, I just thought you should know that."  Roman walked away from the door, and went into his own room.

Roman flopped down onto his bed and screamed into his pillow.  'How could I have been so stupid?'  He had spent years trying to build up a decent relationship with the anxious side, and just tore it all down in one sentence.  'I'm sure everything will be fine.  He'll get his beauty sleep and then be back to his usual emo self again.'  Or so Roman thought...