Chapter 10

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

                    ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Abeer's Pov

"So what do you study?" Shorty aka Ira asks me and I sigh, I have no idea why of all people I had to get stuck with her. I have no problem with her but I don't know I feel weird when I look at her and I don't know if it's a good type weird or bad, but I do feel it.

"I love coding, so yeah I am doing engineering in it," I say and I don't hear anything from her for a minute but then she speaks, "I had coding in my twelfth grade and I failed." she says with a snort. I look at her amused.

"Really?" 

"Yeah, I mean between Biology and Computer, I thought computer was easier so I took it, and now I know nothing is easier." she says with a laugh.

"Well it's easy if you start loving it," I say shrugging my shoulders when I see moments in my peripheral view and I suddenly stopped.

"What hap-" I shushed her by keeping my finger on her lips and pointed behind me and she suddenly went still. I slowly removed my finger from her lips ignoring the soft feel of her lips on my hand, God they are soft!

"I think I heard something over there," I whisper to her and took a step forward from where the voice came but she suddenly held my hand tightly. "What are you doing?" I say confused.

"Are you mad? You don't go if you hear something like that, it can be anything, maybe something dangerous." She say and I roll my eyes.

"Shorty stop being dramatic, and you should really stop watching scary movies." I advise her and she looks at me irritated.

"I don't even watch scary movies, this is basic knowledge, you don't walk towards danger." she says and I sigh.

"So what? We just stand like this until that said danger comes towards us?" I ask and look at her noticing just how her name from me does so much of justice to her. She is so damn short, pressed onto me, her hand holding mine tightly trying to stop me from going, her head reaching my shoulders. I wonder if she realize that she is still holding my hand.

"Come on then, we will go together," I say and she glares at me.

"Why do we even have to go? Can't we just go on our way?" she asks irritated and I sigh.

"God, fine. Let's go." I really wanted to see what was the noise but seeing I have a little girl with me who is easily scared I had to be a daddy for her.

"You're so...so.." I couldn't find the word I was looking for, then I turned to see her.

"I'm so what?" she asks genuinely irritated by me.

"Girl," I say and she looks at me confused. "You know you get so easily scared like those typical girls, then you also watch so many princess movies, then you have this weird habit of tucking your hairs behind your ear, you know, typical." I say remembering and she gives me a look.

"What do you want me to behave like then? A hippie? Gorilla? Monkey?" she asks and I laugh inwardly imagining her like a monkey jumping from trees to trees.

"What are you laughing about?" She asks and I gave one more laugh before telling her.

"I just imagined you jumping from tree to tree like a monkey," she literally looked like she was gonna murder me any moment now.

"I've no idea how do your friends even tolerate you! I'll bet you don't even have a girlfriend with that attitude of yours." she says and I immediately remember Princess Rapunzel, the anonymous girl I've been texting since last four months, she never told me her name, but I've shared with her so many of my memories and thoughts that I think she is now qualified to be my girlfriend, I get this fluttery feeling whenever I talk to her and isn't that a sign that you're in love with that person?

"I actually have a girlfriend," I tell her and her smirk came off her face and she looked down for some reason. "I met her online actually," I continued and she looked up at me confused.

"Online? So you're telling me you haven't even met her?" she asks and I nod.

"Yeah, been talking to her since last four months, I think I'm in love," I say and she looks at me funnily.

"So let me get this straight, you never met her, but you think you love her? Wow." she says sarcastically and I scowled.

"What? Don't judge me, you're the only one I told about her, none of my friends still know about her," I say and think why I shared that with her.

"Okay, I won't judge, but tell me her name." she asks and I was speechless this time. Not only because I don't know Princess Rapunzel's name but also because I realized I just confessed that I was in love with this unknown person.

"I would rather not tell you that," I say and she roll her eyes but then shrugs her shoulders as if she doesn't care if I tell her or not, and that, made me feel a little frustrated.

"Did you at least see her photo?" She asks and I shake my head.

Shorty looked at me as if I was some idiot, maybe even I am, I mean I just said I was in love with some girl I met online, whose face I haven't even seen.

"Are you nuts? What if that person is some old lady, or some young girl, younger than you, or worst, what if it is a man, not that I have any problem with that if you swing that way," she say and snorts.

I give her an irritated look but I know what she's talking about, sometimes I also wonder what if I'm talking with some complete different person than who I think I a talking with.

"Where the hell are they?! Didn't they realize we are missing?" I came out of thoughts when I hear shorty say and stop when I realize that she has stopped behind me.

"Are you tired?" I ask and she nods and sits down a huge rock nearby a tree and leans over it. I join beside her, my legs giving up from walking so much. And I was fvcking thirsty!

"We've been following the tracks and they just go on and on, they're not stopping!" she says and even I wonder if they even know we are missing.

"I know, I'm tired too, let's just rest for a while," I say and I don't hear her saying anything, so I look at her to see she was looking somewhere above us on a tree. I followed her gaze and I found that something was moving along the branches, what it was, it was hard to say.

"What is that?!"I ask and see it getting bigger and bigger and then I realize whatever it was, it was coming towards us.

"FCKING HELL!! THAT'S A SNAKE!" 

                     ▼・ᴥ・▼

Vote and Comment
Thank You