| 05 |

Warnings: Blood and cussing.

Background information on You: You can be in whichever house you'd like and you are a fifth year. You don't really know the Marauders that well, but you have occasionally spoke to them. You are an illegal Animagus -- a rabbit.

Word Count: 1407

Reader's Pov

You enjoyed being outside, especially when it was sunny out. It was nice to sit under the shade of a tree and read a book, or maybe to just complete some school work.

You liked hearing the sounds of rustling leaves or birds chirping. It was peaceful, so peaceful that there were times when you didn't want to leave, and today was one of those days.

It was honestly such a pretty day, and you had started reading a very interesting book, so the thought of having to go back into the castle didn't seem very tempting at the moment. You lost track of time and ended up staying outside for hours, and you didn't notice until you realized the sun had gone down.

You blinked a few times to adjust your eyes to the darkness, and you closed your book as you slowly stood up, your body aching from staying in the same position for so long. You took out your wand and casted Lumos to give yourself some light so you could see your way back to the castle.

As you were walking, you heard the rustling of a bush, but thought nothing of it. As you kept walking, you heard the crunching of leaves, like someone or something had run over them.

You quickly turned around, your wand held in front of you, and for a second you didn't see anything, but the next thing you knew, there was a werewolf coming out from behind a bush.

You froze as the werewolf caught your scent, and you racked your brain for any sort of information as to what to do in a situation like this. You definitely didn't want to kill it, I mean, there was a human in there somewhere.

It seemed that you had been standing there thinking for too long as the werewolf had already ended up in front of you and as soon as you realized this, he lifted his hand and slashed it across your leg. You fell to the ground, clutching your leg as blood was coming out.

"Shit, shit, shit." You muttered, tears brimming your eyes. You thought the werewolf was going to keep hitting you, but then you remembered that werewolves only hurt humans, and as soon as that thought crossed your mind, you changed into your Animagus form -- a rabbit.

The werewolf stopped charging after you as he took in what he just saw. The werewolf tilted his head to the side, almost in confusion, and began to slowly lower it's arm and leaned it's head down to a sniff you. Although your rabbit self was shaking a lot, you tried your best not to do anything that would startle the werewolf.

After what felt like eternity, he lifted his head and seemed to accept you for being a rabbit. He ran off, and you followed, curious as to where he was going. He kept running, and you swore you saw him running slower for you because you had a hard time keeping up.

He suddenly stopped, and when you looked around, you saw a stag, a dog, and a rat. If you weren't in your Animagus form, you would've laughed at how obscure this looked. The other animals looked warily at you, but accepted you nevertheless.

Now that you had finally calmed down from everything that had happened, you finally took notice again to the pain in your leg. Even in your rabbit form it still hurt. You hopped over to a tree and laid down, deciding it was best to rest for now.

The werewolf noticed you had been in pain and went over to you, curling up next to you, and couldn't help but feel warm inside at how cute it was being, which was weird to think when talking about a werewolf.

...

You woke up and were immediately met with a bunch of pain in your leg. You also realized that you were still in your Animagus form, so you transformed back with as much strength you could muster.

You finally took notice to your surroundings, and saw that you were in the forbbiden forest, and all the things the happened last night were coming back to you. You felt someone move next to you, and snapped your head towards the sound and saw...Remus?

His clothes were all ripped up and he had dirt on his face. You didn't remember him being with you, you only remembered that werewolf...

It all made sense now. Remus must be a werewolf. You honestly couldn't believe that someone so kind and sweet had such a curse.

You focused your attention back to your leg and saw a long gash across it with dry blood around it. You signed and ran a hand through your hair, thinking about what you should do.

You could wake up Remus, but how would you explain anything? But then again, leaving him wouldn't be very well either.

You decided that telling him what happened would probably be best, and you knew he was trustworthy so telling him you were an illegal Animagus shouldn't be too bad...right?

You turned to him and tapped his shoulder. Nothing happened. You tapped it again, but he seemed to be in a very deep sleep. You gave his shoulder a harsh shake and you saw his eyes flutter open.

When he finally noticed you, his eyes went wide and he quickly sat up.

"Hey, Remus, it's fine. Calm down." You said softly.

"(Y/N)? What are you doing here?" he asked, and his eyes darted down to the gash on your leg. "Did I -- did I do that?"

You hesitated. "Um, yes, you did. But, it's fine really."

His eyes went wide. "Merlin, (Y/N), I'm so sorry. Come on, let me take you to the hospital wing."

"Remus, it's alright, you don't have to. Look, I'm fine." You said, attempting to stand up, but you winced at the pain that shot up your leg. Remus was quick to react as he stood up next to you, wrapping his arm around your waist.

"Okay, this just proves my point." Remus said teasingly. You rolled your eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." You scoffed, but you couldn't help the small grin that spread across your face.

As you started making your way out the forest, Remus kept stealing glances at you. Finally, after a minute of this, you decided to speak up.

"Did you wanna say something?" You asked. Remus looked at you, surprised, and you raised your eyebrows at him.

"Uh, yeah, I was just wondering how I didn't hurt you anymore than I already did." he said, a small frown line appearing between his eyebrows.

"Oh...right." You started. "Well, I'm an Animagus -- a rabbit."

"Seriously?" he said, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, I've been an Animagus since the middle of fourth year." You explained. "I haven't told anyone yet, but I feel like I could trust you with this."

"Thanks. I appreciate that." he paused. "Do you not mind that I'm a werewolf?"

"Of course not, Remus." You said firmly, stopping your tracks, making Remus stop with you. He still kept a tight hold on your waist, turning his head to look at you. "You're one of the most kind, caring, and sweet person I've ever met. There's almost nothing you can do to make me hate you."

Remus stared at you, apparently at a loss for words. You smiled sincerely at him, and the next thing you knew, his lips were on yours.

He immediately pulled away, looking just as shocked as you were. "I'm sorry, I have no idea why I did that."

"It's okay." You said truthfully. You leaned up and pecked his cheek, grinning widely when you pulled back to look at him. A small blush had crept up his neck, and he was smiling back at you.

"We should probably get you to the hospital wing now." Remus said awkwardly.

"Oh! Yeah." You said. "I totally forgot about that."

...

a/n: Sorry for the wait, I've just honestly haven't had much motivation to write. Anyway, hope you liked this one!

<3