| 02 |

Warnings: Underage drinking (I feel like I'm putting this too much I need to calm down lol).

Background Information On You: You are a 5th year Gryffindor and are best friends with the Marauders. 

Word Count: 1866

Reader's Pov

You have been friends with the Marauders since your first year at Hogwarts, so it was safe to say that you knew them very well. You knew when something was off with one of them, like when Sirius was feeling upset with his family, or whenever Peter felt left out, or when Remus was feeling like he didn't deserve us as friends.

So, lately, you had noticed a change in James' behavior. James was a very outgoing and confident guy who was never really afraid to speak his mind, which goes to explain how he has been asking out Lily almost everyday since second year.

So, what was weird about his behavior was that he was no longer asking out Lily or slipping in snide compliments to her any chance he got. You also saw that he had become nervous and stuttered a lot more, which was very unlike him. You decided to question him on it one Saturday afternoon.

"James?" You said to him while sitting on the couch in the Gryffindor common room.

"Yeah?" he asked, not looking up from the snitch he was playing with.

"Is everything alright? You've been acting weird lately..." You tentatively asked.

James' hand froze as he caught the Snitch, his hand still in front of him in the air.

He quickly recomposed himself after a few moments and hastily cleared his throat.

"Uh, yeah, everything's f-fine." he said, his voice higher than normal.

"Are you sure?" You asked. You knew for sure something was off and you wanted to get to the bottom of it.

"Yes, I'm sure." James said, nodding his head.

"Well," You said, putting your hand on his leg, "if you ever need someone to talk to, I'm always here."

You saw him gulp nervously and he slowly turned to look at you, his face a bit red.

"Thanks."

You smiled at him and went back to reading your book, not seeing how flustered you left from that small interaction. 

...

Third Person Pov

James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were all seated in the Great Hall, enjoying breakfast on a Thursday morning. Their friend, (Y/N), had not shown up yet. 

"So, Prongs, did you hear that Evans got a date for the Hogsmeade trip this weekend?" Sirius asked James in a hushed voice. He had expected his friend to be very upset, and even though it may have put him in a bad mood for the rest of the day, he felt the need to tell him. 

"Oh, that's nice." James said absentmindedly. "Where's (Y/N)?"

Sirius, Remus, and Peter all gaped at him. 

"What?" James questioned his friends. 

"Do you not care that Evans got a date?" Peter squeaked nervously. 

"No, not really." he shrugged. "But seriously, where's (Y/N)? She should've been here by now."

Suddenly, everything made sense to Remus. The others were still confused as to why their friend had no longer taken an interest in the one girl he was in love in.