🖤Chapter 27🖤

Start from the beginning

It was a simple dress, but very her style and she made it look good.

"You look so good!" I told her.

"Thank you" she chuckled. "Do want me to straighten your hair?" she asks referring to my brown curly hair.

"Actually... I kinda liked my curly hair more" I replied. My curls look really good today, I made sure to brush my hair in the shower instead of out. I hate how frizzy it makes my hair look when I brush it dry.

"Hm.. Okay" she smiles. "Did Cassie send you the adress?" she asks while adjusting the length of her dress.

"Yeah, I'll send it to your phone" I responded, walking over to my bed and grabbing my phone.

While I was searching for her number my thumb scrolled passes Soyers name.... Should I tell him? He doesn't seem like the type to go to highschool partys but maybe he would like to know.

I shook the thought away and sent the party adress the Cover.

When I heard a notification go off from across the room, knowing it was Covers phone I got up from my bed and walked over to where Cover was standing.

"Come on, I got it" she said while glancing up and me from her phone. We had already done our hair and makeup so we could already leave.

We walked down the stairs of my house and out the front door, Covers black car was already parked in my driveway.

I slid into the passenger side if the car and buckled my seatbelt.

I was a bit nervous, Cover said that there where probably going to be a lot of people there, and this dress doesn't exactly make me feel comfortable.

At that thought I pulled my dress down a bit, shaking the thoughts out of my head. I was the one who convinced Cover to let me go.

Cover was starting the car and pulling out of my driveway when I got a text from my mom.

'Make sure your room is clean before leaving'

I slightly rolled my eyes at the text. I told my mother I was staying the night at Covers house tonight so she wouldn't question anything. I do plan to, just after the party.

I sent my mother an okay back.

"So... did you tell Soyer or..?" Cover asked as she drove.

"Do you.. think he needs to know?" I asked her.

"It's probably best if he doesn't know" she laughed nervously.

"O-okay" I nervously replied. I have no idea what that implies but it most definitely doesn't make me calm.

A few minutes of Cover driving and cussing out people who cut in front of her go by and we pull into a big house. Not as big as Soyers house but it's pretty big.

I was to distracted by the house to notice the booming music coming from the building, and people in the yard drinking from red solo cups.

I heard Covers car door open up and so I follow afterwards. Walking around the car to Cover, I hook onto her arm like I usually do.

She laughed "Not what you expected huh?" she questions and I shake my head no.

"It's okay Delaney, if you party safely it'll be fun" she gently pats my head.

"Now remember, don't accept any drinks from strangers. Also don't give your drink to anyone to hold for you. If you need to use the bathroom take that damn drink with you" She ranted out a few rules for me and I nodded through all of it.

"Lani!" I hear a familiar voice call out, I turn my head to see Cassie, looking as gorgeous as ever. She doesn't even notice the people around her staring at her.

She was wearing a gorgeous pink dress and her hair had bouncy blonde curls.

"Lani you look so cute!" she says and intertwined her arm with my open one "Hey Clover!"

"It's Cover..." she says lowly. I nudged her side with my elbow "...Hi".

"The other girls are running a bit late but they should arrive soon" Cassie giggled.

We stepped foot into the house, blaring music in the background and people dancing all around us.

~time skip~

I stood by Cover the whole time so far, but Covers phone started ringing.

She looked at the number before answering. She pulled the phone slightly away from her face "Go find Cassie, I'm gonna take this call outside" she said, tapping my shoulder and then turning away.

I stood there nervously, looking around for Cassie.

I walked through a bunch of people dancing. My plan of finding Cassie failed so I started looking for a safe place to wait out the party.

I found a door that cut off from the drinking room. I softly pushed the door open and looked in awe at what seemed to be and inside pool area.

Walking into the room I stared down at the clear water. I've always been jealous of people who could swim, my parent never taught me since they where very busy throughout my childhood.

I slid off the painful heals Cover gave me and sat down on the side of the pool, letting my feet dip into the cool water.

I splashed my feet a few times in the water, giggling a bit when some water splattered on my dress.

I smiled slightly while looking into the water, this isn't so bad. I have Cover and Cassie here with me. It would be a different story if I was completely alone.

While I was in thought I felt a hand come in contact with the back of my head, pushing me into the water.