𝐢.

ROME MAHANGO| 𝚁𝚘
📍; 𝚌𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚘𝚒𝚜

Rome sat at her desk bored as hell; praying that the time would hit 5 o'clock so she could leave

Rome sat at her desk bored as hell; praying that the time would hit 5 o'clock so she could leave. She loved her job but she didn't like the people that came with it. She hated people; they were too loud and annoying.

She put the anti in antisocial, she would say.

She then had a sudden urge to sleep so she laid her head down on her desk slowly falling asleep.

As if the universe saw her; she then got a sudden call which startled her and caused her mood to get worse.

"Oh my fucking gosh!" she groaned.

"Hello?!" She said with an attitude.

"What is with the attitude?!" A lady said over the phone.

"Sorry ma'am, I'm not having a good day; what can I do for you?" She said while rolling her eyes and switching her tone.

"I would like to check on my package." The lady said.

"What is the tracking number?" Rome asked while typing on her laptop.

"Hold on let me get it." The lady said causing Rome to mentally cuss the lady out.

3 minutes later ...

"The number is 76T410." The lady said.

Rome put the number in and it came in as incorrect.

"Ma'am are you sure that you gave me the correct number?" Rome asked respectfully.

"Yes now can you please tell me where my package is?!" The lady snapped.

"Bitch fuck you and your damn package; I hope you never get that shit!" Rome said hanging up the phone.

"Lord God I didn't mean it, she was blowing the fu-I mean the hel- I mean the heck out of me." She prayed.

Her boss then came in her office looking red as a tomato.

"ROME! THIS IS THE FIFTH COMPLAINT WE'VE GOTTEN THIS WEEK!" her boss yelled.

Rome stared at him blankly.

"You can't stay here any longer." Her boss added.

"You're fired." Her boss said leaving her office.

So many things were running through her mind right now.

how am I going to pay my rent?

how am I going to pay car insurance?

how am I going to eat?

how am I going to send mommy money?

Tears threatened to fall down her face; but she kept strong.

She hated crying, it made her feel like she was weak.

Her boss then came into her office again.

"I want you out of here today!" He ordered.

"God what am I going to do?" She prayed.

She started gathering all of her things; she didn't have much anyway. Just her laptop and her pictures. The rest of the things were for the company.

She looked at the office one last time and made her way downstairs to the garage.

She got in her car and drove home.

Her first instinct was to call her mother, but she was probably still asleep.

Rome had no friends because they all did her wrong.

Some fucked her ex.

Some wanted to be her friend due to money she made.

And some were just sent from the devil himself to make sure that she failed in everything that she did—which they failed to do.

Rome went through the struggle; I mean she was a first-generation African American who had African parents that came to this country with literally nothing.

And not to mention, she's black.

In this Wicked World, the system wasn't built for black people but it was up to you to keep pushing and actually make it.

The only thing was that you had to work 2 times as hard as the average white man due to white privilege.

Sad, right?

Oh but that's not all; the stereotypes that came with being black was absolutely ridiculous.

Especially being a black woman. You're called ghetto and ratchet just by the way to kept your hair or the slang you used.

Rome knew this so she tried her hardest not to fit inside those categories but no matter how money she made or the cars she drives, or even the place she lived in; she was still black in this Wicked World.