XII - Pickaxe magnorum

Start from the beginning

I stared at him. Was he serious?

"How can you guarantee your victory?" I crossed my arms. He wasn't seriously considering this, surely.

"We keep it a secret." His brown mop of hair bouncing as he spoke.

"What? How can you keep an election secret?" Tommy chewed his lip.

"Well..." He chipped in. "We haven't thought that far ahead."

I raised a brow. "We? I thought you were against the idea"

"I know, I know. But now that u think about it, maybe Wilburs right. We weren't elected, we just took charge, maybe by an election it would all seem fair" He shrugged his shoulders.

I turned back to Wilbur. "So you're going to be the only party running, effectively giving the citizens of L'manberg no choice?"

They were hesitant at fist but then nodded, confirming what I just said.

"Y/N, will you help?" Tommy asked politely stepping towards me.

I looked down at the hand he had stretched out to me. "No."

Wilbur frowned. "What, why?!" Tommy shouted. Wilbur turned to him, hushing him.

"It's her decision, Tommy. If she doesn't want to... " He turned his gaze to me. "She doesn't want to. And we need to respect her desicion."

"Fine" Tommy huffed and stopped out of the Camarvan.

"Y/N, can this stay between us?" I nodded. "Thank you, I'm positive that we will win this, afterwards me and Tommy will be in a position of power elected by the people. Then our country can develop even more, I mean what are the down sides!?"

"You don't win" I mumbled, not sure if he caught it or not through his rambling.

"I'm sorry, what?" So he did hear it. I sighed and stood straight.

"If you don't win, that's the worst that could happen" Wilbur just smiled whilst I grimaced.

"No-one knows, it's perfect" I nodded hesitantly. I had a bad feeling about this, but I was not going to get too involved in it all again.

I picked up my sword and said goodbye to Wilbur, I had decided to go back to Dreams house to collect my pickaxe then go mining. I exited the Camarvan to see a man waiting outside. He wore a LAFD beanie on his head, much the same style as Wilburs. He smiled sheepishly as I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to figure out who he was.

"I- I'm Quackity" He held his hand out. I took it and shook his hand.

"Y/N" I let go of his grip and dropped my hand to my side. "Sorry this is a short meeting, but I must be on my way"

He nodded and stepped out the way.

Just before I ducked under the gap in the wall I looked up for George. However he was nowhere to be found. I just hoped he hadn't decided to go tell Dream I had visited.

I made my way back to the house the same way I got to L'manberg. I slipped through the back door and into the house, the warmth being a stark contrast to the bitter morning outside.

I pulled my hood down, allowing the peak of my nose to warm up. I rubbed my hands together and began to walk up the stairs.

Walking slowly, I approached my bedroom door. I planned to take a shower, get some new clothes on and just in general freshen up. I wouldn't normally get the option to do that often when I was travelling.