As they sang along, they listened to each other's voices deeply. Camila noticed how beautiful Lauren's voice sounded. It was a low, melodic tone that sounded so different, yet so perfect against her higher pitched, harsher voice. Lauren thought the same way about how they sounded as a duo. When the theme had ended, and the TV went to a commercial, Lauren looked over at Camila.

        "You have an outstanding singing voice, Camila." she said.

        "I was just about to say the same about yours." Camila smiled.

        Lauren returned the smile and said, "Our voices actually sound really nice together, for real."

        "I'm thinking the same. We harmonized really well, I think."

        "We should sing together more often! Maybe even become famous!" Lauren joked.

        Camila laughed, "I know you're joking, but that would be pretty cool I must admit. But what good would a blind musician be?"

        "Excuse me." Lauren sassed jokingly. "Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder, Dianne Schuur... May I go on?"

        "I suppose you're right." she paused. "On that note, I think I'm done listening to TV. I'd rather do something else."

        "What's that?" Lauren asked, reaching for the remote.

        "I want to perform something for you." she answered.

        Lauren turned off the TV, and placed the remote back on the table. She faced Camila again and said, "I would love that, Camila."

        "Follow me." she instructed.

        They both got up off of the couch, and Camila led Lauren up the stairs to a room that was across from her own. The door had been closed, so Lauren hadn't seen what was in it. Camila opened the door to reveal what appeared to be a music room. Lauren thought that Camila must have been really dedicated to music in order to have a whole room full of it.

        The walls of the room were a deep maroon color, and the floor was polished and wooden. The ceiling was smooth and white, with a medium-sized skylight that let in the right amount of sunlight into the room. At the center of the room was a black grand piano with a bench to match it. There was also a lone chair in one of the corners, where Lauren assumed Camila sat as she played guitar. Against one of the walls was a collection of four guitars leaned up against it. Two of the guitars were electric, another being electric-acoustic, and the other just being acoustic. Also against the same wall, were two amps for her guitars.

        Lauren followed Camila into the room, and watched her carefully pick up her brown Gibson guitar. She held the guitar in one hand, as she bent down to grab a guitar pick from a small box that sat beside her guitars. Camila then proceeded to take a seat in the small chair in the corner, where she finally assumed the position that she needed to be in to play.

        "Please, Lauren. Take a seat on the piano bench if you will." she said, before starting.

        "Okay." Lauren responded, as she pulled out the bench to take a seat.

        Camila cleared her throat and said, "Okay, so this is one song that really speaks to me. The message of the song is so pure and just, that listening to it really gets me though the good days and the bad. It's called 'Beautiful' by Christina Aguilera. Do you know it, Lauren?"

        "I love that song! Christina Aguilera is one of my musical influences, actually." she replied excitedly.

        Camila smiled back, and said, "I'm glad! I hope you'll like it."