Chapter 1

Michael

I was just leaving the studio and I got a text from Her asking me if I can grab Laylani from my mom’s house by 3. I hated when she did this last minute communication shit when it came to our daughter. Even though I didn’t mind spending time with my princess at all I just wanted to get to home so I could rest. I decided to swing by my mom early so I wouldn’t have to worry about picking her up later.

I turned onto my mother’s street and took out my phone to let her know I was on my way and have Laylani’s things ready. I pulled into her driveway took the keys out the ignition and walked into her comfortable home.

“Mikey is that you baby what you doing here so early?” She said walking in from the kitchen hopefully she was making breakfast cause a nigga was hungry.

“Yes it’s me ma I just left the studio and I rather get her now so I can go home to sleep.” I yawned as I plopped down on the cream colored loveseat.

“Boy I don’t want you falling asleep behind the wheel with my grandchild so you can stay here to get some rest besides Laylani hasn’t woken up yet.” She walked back into the kitchen to go finish up whatever she was doing before. I started drifting off to sleep knowing good and well that she would be waking me up to go to one of the guest rooms in a matter of minutes.

“Michael don’t you dare fall asleep on my sofa. Go to one of the rooms upstairs and don’t wake Laylani either.” I slowly got up from the plush couch and proceeded to drag myself up the 10 carpet steps and I went into Laylani’s room. A smile crept on my face as I saw her sleeping with the teddy bear that my mom gave me when I was young. I still can’t believe she kept after all these years.

“Laylani wake up.” I whispered to her to see if she would respond to me without my mom noticing what I was up to. I missed my little princess.

“Daddy is that you?” She rose from her bed and rubbed her eyes all while hanging on to the bear. She was the light of my life. Everything I did was for her and I wouldn’t let anyone come between me and my child. Laylani truly changed me for the better.

“Yeah it’s me baby girl who else.” I picked her up in my arms for a long embracive hug.

“Daddy you squishing me.” She giggled trying to wiggle out of my arms. I finally put her down

and watched her run out the room and downstairs. Shit now my mom’s is going to go off but if I sneak in the other room before she gets up here I’ll be good.

*Smack*

“Aww shit ma what you hit me with.” I hissed as I rubbed the back of my head. I looked down at my hand to if I was bleeding and I was in the clear.

“You’re so ignorant. I thought I told to not wake up this child. It was a book, I had to knock some sense into your behind.” She and Laylani started roaring with laughter. I didn’t think that shit was funny at all. I decided to go to lay down and stop playing around with my mother and daughter.

***

After my long over do nap I had tons of missed calls and text from Her asking me a ton of questions like I wasn’t a grown ass man. I decided to ignore them even though she was my girl and the mother of my child I don’t need to answer to her especially when it comes to my whereabouts. My mother doesn’t even ask me that shit.

I was about tired of her jealousy bullshit she would pull every now and then. She has her reasons to be like come on I am a rapper girls throw themselves at me all the time. Sometimes I take the bait and other times I just chill on these bitches. She just needs to realize my heart is with her and not these thots. Women will be women I guess.