15

Trigger warning!! ⚠️gore, blood, and fighting⚠️

Soobin and (Y/N) exited the room, being led by the kings servants. As the hall turned to an open area, the rogues eyes wandered. She looked through the elven kingdom that was so open, and something caught her eye. The dungeon cells. She couldn't see all of her group members, but she could see Yeonjun. She was sure Yeonjun had not seen her though. Yeonjun had been put in similar garments to Soobin, save the colour. Whilst Soobin was dressed in white, Yeonjun was dressed in a blood red that was accentuated with gold.

  Soon, she could see the dungeons no more as they were led to the kings quarters. The large doors were pushed open and there stood the king, looking regal as ever in his fancy garments.

  "Ahh. I told them that the gown would be too simple," he hummed as he looked over the rogue.

  "Too simple?" Soobin asked, turning to look at the gown once again, wondering if his eyes had deceived him.

  "I suppose it is too late to begin a new garment. That one will suffice," he sighed, as if the garment was a tragedy.

"What is the meaning of your kindness?" The rogue asked immediately. She wished for an answer to the question she'd had ever since she met the elven king.

"Your entire lives, you've been greeted with suffering and exile. Not only humans, but elves too have been nothing but cruel, showing you swords and pitchforks rather than warm welcomes. I wish to show you two half elves the hospitality that you have never been shown before." As the elven king explained, a warm hospitable smile made its way on his face. One that the two had never seen before.

"Truly?" Soobin asked, breathlessly.

The warm smile that had previously adorned the elven kings face had dropped in an instant and it was replaced with a sneer of resentment, and his eyes that seemed to previously look at them with pity, had turned to a cold glare.

"No. You see, a mere blink ago, I knew a pair of elves who had been brought to me. My men told me that they were fraternizing with humans. Now, imagine my disbelief when I was told of two half blood children were on the way," the king sighed, his voice growing colder with each word. "Never before had the world seen half elves. And never again will they see them. You see, since I cannot remove the human from you, I will strip you of any elven heritage you still have," the king smiled as he moved closer to the two. "It seems you have already begun." He drew close to Soobin, bringing a hand up to his short hair, moving it down to the point of his jewelled ears.

"My men have been looking for the two of you for a long time. I suppose it was fate that you accidentally crossed into these lands," the king smiled smugly.

"What is the point of giving us lavish rooms and beautiful elven garments if you wish to strip us of our heritage?!" The rogue asked, beginning to move forward. Her hands were grabbed and restrained behind her by an elf she hadn't noticed standing by the door.

"I'm going to make a show out of it, darling. I've invited every elf in my kingdom with promise of a show. Certainly you know of elven resentment towards you. Before that wretched king of Eboncross arrives for his fool of a son, I will allow those in my kingdom to rejoice as you are stripped of that which makes you an elf. They shall celebrate and listen to your cries of pain as we cut off those nubs you call points," he sneered. "Those lovely braids of yours will be cut off, and then we will strip you of your height. You shall be cut out of those ridiculous garments and humiliated. It is all very simple. We merely wish to erase the weakness of those who have created you." His voice was cold as he spat these insults and told them of his future plans. "Let us not forget of your knowledge of Sindarin. You shall soon forget how to speak in our tongue. Guards, take them to the dungeon."