1

Just a quick Authors note before starting. This particular story, I will be posting chapters as I finish them. Usually, I write and edit about half the story before I start posting, but I want to try something new and maybe I'll feel more motivated to write more if I get more comments of people enjoying the story. It's just something I'm trying and if no one likes it, than I'll go back to the old way I write.
Basically what I'm saying is that as soon as I finish a chapter, it gets posted. That could mean several chapters in a day, or no chapters for a week. Writing is based on pure motivation and inspiration.
That being said, please enjoy the first chapter of Journey to Hellspost

  During the early afternoon was when the crowds in Eboncross were always bustling. The families would walk around the markets without a care in the world, visiting the various stalls to buy trinkets and foods and fabrics and other miscellaneous items that they needed. It was at this time that the crowds were the loudest. Everyone was too busy focusing on the hustle and bustle of the main market to notice a certain someone making his way through the crowds, with his hood up.

  Yeonjun strategically weaved through the crowds, making sure his face was well hidden under the hood of his cloak. The other people around the market were dawdling. Yeonjun, on the other hand, knew exactly where he wanted to go. There was a bread stand in the middle of the market. That's what he wanted. A loaf of bread. Nothing more, nothing less. He had plenty of vegetables, but no bread. If he was going to have a stew, he couldn't just have a stew. He needed a fresh loaf of bread to go with it.

  When he reached the stand, he took out a small pouch of coins, pulling out a few to pay for his bread, and then he headed off, back into the crowd, back in the direction he came from. He blended in. Just a normal face in the crowd.

  Through the chattering of the large crowd, he could hear the stall owners advertising their trinkets, yelling out the many purposes that they could hold. Above that, he could faintly hear the skilled music of a nearby bard, playing in a tavern. Yeonjun had always admired bards. The way they travel to inspire others with their music. He appreciated their cause. It was admirable to him. The bard was playing a lute in the tavern. Yeonjun diverted his path, stopping at the door to the tavern, looking in at the bard as he strummed on his lute, humming some inaudible lyrics.

  Yeonjun had stopped for no more than a second before he readjusted his hood, beginning to walk away, but before he could fully leave the doorway, he caught the bards eye, and for a mere fraction of a second, they made eye contact before Yeonjun slipped away into the crowd, once again blending in.

  When he reached his home, he pulled a key from his pocket, unlocking his door before stepping in, making sure to take a cautious glance before closing his door. He stepped into the house fully, removing his cloak, finally being able to be comfortable. He didn't have to worry of the prying eyes of the public. He readjusted his white tunic that had been tousled by the cloak he had previously tossed aside. With a sigh, he removed his boots, freeing his feet from the uncomfortable foot traps.

  "You got the bread?" Beomgyu asked, coming out from the kitchen, his own tunic stained with the efforts of his labour.

  Yeonjun didn't answer, but he simply held the loaf up before tossing it to Beomgyu. He then retreated to their living room, allowing Beomgyu the peace he needed to cook. Yeonjun grabbed his favourite book off the shelf, opening to a random page, skimming the words. He'd read the book a hundred times, no less. The pages were worn and the spine had been bent beyond belief. Several of the pages in the corner had been bent and unbent several times. The book was beyond worn out, practically falling apart.

  It was a story of a group who had set out on an adventure to reclaim lost land. The story was full of action and adventure and heart wrenching moments and how Yeonjun yearned to have his own. How could he continue to call himself a Knight and a Paladin if he had never gone on an adventure? Even Beomgyu, Yeonjun's loyal page, had been on at least one adventure. Granted, his adventure probably wasn't that pleasureful considering the things he had gone through prior.