"Auntie don't say that." I said. "It's the truth. Aint no amount of money going to stop that." She said. "Yes it can. If I get the money for your surgery then you'll be okay."

"But that's not guaranteed Isaiah. Without the surgery I still have a good run of five years t-" I cut her off. "A good run? Five years aint enough time. Five years aint enough time for me to give you everything that I promised I would give you. You know that dream vacation in Cancun. Or that big house and fancy car. And the babies that you said you wanted to be around to help raise. Auntie I need you here for that. I don't have anybody else." I said. "You got family Zay. You got Dre, you've got Keaunte, you even got that new friend of yours, Jessica."

"But they ain't you!" I yelled. "They didn't take me in after my father died and treat my like they own kid. They didn't help me with my fucking trauma and anger issues that I got from my mom. You helped me. You were there for everything. And I need you here for everything else." I said.

"And I will be. I'll be right above you every step of the way. The little angel on your shoulder. Stop worrying Isaiah, just accept that it's my time to go."

**

"So you're still going to do this fighting shit?" Keaunte said over the phone as I pulled up the ring. "I don't have any other options Keaunte. My auntie is getting worse by the night and a day job ain't gone get me this money. Two more fights after this and I'll have the money for her." I said. "Whatever makes you happy. Just call me when the fight is over and tell me how it went." He said.

"Alright."

~Jessica POV

"Alright, let's talk plans." I said walking into the room with Keaunte and Deja. "So we'll host it at Piedmont Park from ten a.m to midnight. That's plenty of time to make a whole lot of money." I said. "Did everyone follow their assignments?" I asked.

"Yep. My grandma and my uncle agreed to make as much food as you need. So did my other grandma on my dad's side. My cousins are going to bring some little shirts and hoodies to sell." Deja said.

"Keaunte, what about you?"

"Well I got the whole hood coming out. Got a couple of them to agree to host some game stands. People pay two dollars a play. Got my uncle, he gone be in charge of the music and he a designer so he got some shit he willing to come sell and give it all to Isaiah." He said. "This is going to be great guys. Thank you so much for helping me with this." I said smiling.

"Of course. Meet up at the park around seven tomorrow so we can set up." I said. "See you guys tomorrow." Deja said walking out. "We got to press the gas on this shit." Keaunte said. "I called him today and he's on his way to another fight. Said he's going to keep going because his Aunt is getting worse. We got to make bank tomorrow if we want to help him." He said.

"Then we have to give this all we got."

~Isaiah POV

"You won another fight bro." Dre said as I stepped outside. "Yeah you got some water?" I asked. "Uh in my car hold up." I leaned against the wall feeling my chest tightening up. "Here you go." He said. "You good? You look like y-"

"I'm fine. Tonight's fight was only five grand. In total I got sixteen grand and thats still not even half." I said. "Don't worry I got you booked for another fight tomorrow night. This one has a cash money prize for a guaranteed twenty grand. You win that, then you'll almost be there." He said. "Is the spot open?"

"Hell yeah, but the nigga you'll be fighting aint pretty. He's a fucking monster. He beat Gervonta Davis back in 2019 with a knockout. You sure you want me to sign you up for that?" He asked. "I told you once and I'll tell you again. Don't doubt me. Sign me up for the fucking fight." I got back in the my car going home.

I'll be damned if I lose the last person in my life.

**Next Day**

~Jessica POV

"It's been an hour guys. Keaunte where are all these people you promised?" I asked. "I promised black people, you know we always late." He said laughing nervously. "Let me go call em, see where they at." He said walking away. "Don't stress yourself about this Jessica."

"I thought this was going to work." I sighed. "I thought I was going to be able to raise this money, keep Isaiah safe and help his aunt at the same time." I said. "I know you want to help him but some things just aren't meant to be done. Maybe this is one of them." She said. I looked up seeing a large crowd of people. "Told you, we was just running on black people time." Keaunte said approaching us.

"This IS one of them. Now let's make some money."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋